Saturday, March 28, 2015

I Come Quietly To Meet You

I haven't read this little book in a while. But when I finally do feel the Spirit nudging me to be still, it's always exactly what I need when exactly I need it.


More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ.
Philippians 3:8


"It is the I in you and me that blinds our eyes. The loss of I  that I may know Him, see Him with new clearness in all creation...even in souls that are unlovable and unbeautiful. May the Lord grant this to us all. "  Amy Carmichael

My Father, this moment, I push aside all sense of need...every request...each complaint...even words of praise or worship...just to stand silent...to turn the eyes of my soul to you...to look deep into your wonders...


No comments:

Post a Comment