Monday, July 28, 2014

On-Line Bible Study

Lysa TerKeurst says in “Am I Messing Up My Kids?”… “Maybe you’ve felt a little frustrated with the shoes scattered about your home. But the next time you pick them up, instead of letting frustrations whisk you away, listen carefully to the story they tell. Listen carefully and thank God for each and every evidence of life.”

I can relate.

Amanda got the speech today. "Do I have to remind you to do every single chore each day and then stand by while you complete them? Write it down. Write it down."

Yes, I said it twice.

It would be wonderful if my two children and one husband would use the designated shoe basket by the front door.

But they don't.

I get frustrated. Often. Dirty socks also accumulate in the living area. I guess they want to live too.

Here is a picture of the three pair of shoes that didn't quite make it to their home.

Curtis




Daniel had on sneakers to ride his bike



He wore these today when he went to the beach.
 
Then I took a picture of the shoe basket (near the door mind you) and the shoes in it. I picked them up with a happy heart tonight.
 
 
"The chores and tasks seem endless. Here is my choice: Will I complain and worry? Can I find joy in this? These are gifts, sweet mamas. Jump up and down and sing praises to God. Because all this MESS is evidence of beautiful life in your home!" Kristy Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment