So here are the ground rules/schedule/routine, or whatever you want to call it.
They can sleep until 9 if they wish (and Amanda does). Daniel can watch t.v. until 9 am.
Then it begins...
- Friends and/or screens
I have chosen Keys for Kids. They can listen to it and follow along. This is great for Daniel because I really believe that he is an auditory AND visual learner. I prefer this type of learning as well.
After that each child had five questions to answer.
- What sin where the boys committing?
- How long was Blake away?
- If you ignore sin it can take _______of your ______.
- According to Blake's Dad, each time you do 2 things, sinning becomes easier. What are those 2 things?
- What was the other boy's name?
- What 2 scriptures are referenced?
- How do you get the devil to flee from you?
- What is today's "key"?
- What animal will devour you if you are not sober, vigilant (alert)?
- Where in the Bible does it say God cannot be tempted with evil?
While Amanda completed her five questions, Daniel and I walked the dog with Robert.
These are the chores to choose from:
- empty the dishwasher
- take the junk upstairs that is sitting on the steps
- pick up your bedroom floor
- mow the lawn
- empty the waste cans
- take the garbage cans and recycle to the curb
- water the garden and the flower beds
- walk the dog
- feed the fish
- collect the mail and newspaper
Daniel completed everything in about an hour. Amanda is a little slower but she had it all completed...eventually, I think.
The reading has not begun because we didn't get the books yet.
It's a start. It's a very ambitious start. I have "hang out" dates planned, Dollar movies, and Free Bowling (shoe rental not included). I will allow myself grace when things don't work out. But at least it's a start.