Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thank. You. God.

"Hey Soul? Who knows what could happen today? But no matter what unfolds, you hold in your hand the three small keys to open the door to Joy: Thank. You. God.
Use them when you want home to His Joy-- a thousand times today use those three small keys: Thank. You. God


We have nothing to prove. In Christ, we are already Preapproved. Life’s not about earning anyone’s love, but believing that you already are God’s beloved." Ann Voskamp


Tomorrow Nora is being released from the hospital. Between Vermont and Philadelphia she has been inpatient for SIXTY-EIGHT DAYS. Tonight is her final night at CHOP.

I thought I would reflect on the things, people and God whom I am thankful for:

1.   I am thankful that Nora is alive.
2.   I am thankful that she can see out of the left eye and hear out of the right ear.
3.   I am thankful that her right eye is "waking up".
4.   I am thankful that surgery will correct her left ear.
5.   I am thankful that she can sing, dance and laugh.
6.   I am thankful for Fletcher Allen Hospital in Vermont.
7.   I am thankful for the Ronald McDonald house.
8.   I am thankful for music, especially John Mayer.
9.   I am thankful for strangers that are not strange.
10. I am thankful for Neurosurgeons.
11. I am thankful for Life Flight crews.
12. I am thankful for Nurses.
13. I am thankful for vanilla scented candles.
14. I am thankful for answered prayers.
15. I am thankful for unanswered prayers.
16. I am thankful for Caring Bridge.
17. I am thankful for over  66, 015 visits at 10:41 pm
18. I am thankful for encouraging words.
19. I am thankful for Candy's ability to open up and share her heart.
20. I am thankful for all of the tears that Tim cried that made him stronger.
21. I am thankful for The Neely's and The Cobb's
22. I am thankful for neighbors that have become family (for Beck).
23. I am thankful for Amanda Grace...worthy of love and undeserved.
24. I am thankful for Daniel Curtis...God is my judge and courteous.
25. I am thankful for the love of my life and husband of seventeen years, Curtis.
26. I am thankful for Bob and Heather and the gift of being their baby's Nanny.
27. I am thankful for Robert.
28. I am thankful for walks, and matchbox cars and play dates.
29. I am thankful for Worship music which is always encouraging.
30. I am thankful for the Spring.
31. I am thankful for Girlfriends who are closer than a sister.
32. I am thankful for family pets.
33. I am thankful for my cell phone which allows me to text immediate prayer requests.
34. I am thankful for Sarah Young's "Jesus Today" devotional.
35. I am thankful that I live in the United States.
36. I am thankful that I live in a free country.
37. I am thankful that I have never gone hungry.
38. I am thankful I own a Bible.
39. I am thankful that I can read my Bible in public.
40. I am thankful for my church family (NVBC) that lifted Nora up.
41. I am thankful for bucket lists and camp mottos.
42. I am thankful for home grown vegetables and herbs.
43. I am thankful for picnic, cook-outs and camp fires.
44. I am thankful for soccer and Irish dancing.
45. I am thankful for Robert's Nonna and Grammie.
46. I am thankful for social media.
47. I am thankful for neighbors that have become family (Portland's & O'Connell's)
48. I am thankful that I can work from home.
49. I am thankful for the Flynn's and the Weil's.
50. I am thankful for Kentucky road trips.
51. I am thankful for late night blogging.
52. I am thankful for hand-written letters and cards.
53. I am thankful for glimpses of what Godly adults my children will become.
54. I am thankful for Cheryl, who taught me to read the Bible at age 38.
55. I am thankful for people who pray for my husband.
56. I am thankful for my Pastors, Joe and Mike.
57. I am thankful for piano music.
58. I am thankful for women's retreats.
59. I am thankful for new beginnings.
60. I am thankful that I didn't get what I deserved.
61. I am thankful for a personal relationship with Jesus.
62. I am thankful that Jesus is the Lord of my life.
63. I am thankful for grace that falls like rain.
64. I am thankful for God's mercy.
65. I am thankful that Good God trumps Evil.
66. I am thankful for room 316 (John 3:16). and tiny details.
67. I am thankful for everyone coming together for a Night for Nora
68. I am thankful that Nora is going home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment