Thursday, May 15, 2014

Motto

Nora was in a tragic skiing accident 53 days ago. She is God's miracle. I am following her progress on Caringbridge. After her mom posted a rather depressing message, Nora got on her and said you have to be more encouraging. The next post was her camp motto:


To be honest, to be kind
To seek a deeper understanding of the beauty about us
To make the whole camp happier for our being here
To make and to keep friends, but to do so without surrendering our ideals
And above all, to be friends with ourselves
To grow, to have more courage and self confidence
And to take home an open mind and a kind and caring heart



I guess tragedy gives you a wake-up call. In the last 53 days, I have prayed more than I have in the last year. I have been consistently reading my Bible and started the prayer journal. Today I worked on a sort of motto of my own. Goals. Little Man napped for 90 minutes. It took me 90 minutes to write this:

To be honest, to be kind
To seek justice, love mercy and walk humbly with God
To always be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer.
Always put others first
And above all, be transparent
To persevere, be courageous and confident before God
To love, trust and be thankful in all situations, pointing people back to Christ.
May I never lose the wonder of the cross


So far, I am honest. And that's where it stops. Hey, I am a work in progress. "I may not be where I need to be but I thank God I am not where I used to be.”



Do you have a "motto"? Please share!



Below is my quiet place. On the top of the couch you will find my Be Still journal, the remote, cell phone, Amanda's Duck Commander Devo and the Baby Monitor. In front of where I sit is the prayer journal, Jesus Today (Sarah Young Devo), a little Bible broken down according to topics (depression, worry, illness) and Heather's Life Application Bible. I love my Bible but Heather's has a concordance that ROCKS! Oh yes, and the Contemp. Christian music channel is on the television.

 
 




Nap Time Seat

No comments:

Post a Comment