Friday, March 7, 2014

This is where we stand

"Half the world has AD/HD".

Haven't you heard that statement a million times?

It gets on my nerves. I truly believe that there are many people who don't believe that this is a real thing. I truly believe that many people think that kids will mature and grow out of this phase. I truly believe that people think that it's poor parenting.

It's not.



Daniel has been under the care of a psychologist for the last month. His four teachers and his parents have filled out the Conner's questionnaire.



CONCLUSIONS

Daniel meets the behavioral criteria for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.


The doctor lists twelve accommodations for the school to consider.


Where was this guy ten years ago?

So what happens next? I have provided the school and the pediatrician with the psychologist's report. Daniel will then be evaluated for any condition that could have the symptoms that mimic AD/HD. The school will conduct their own evaluation to rule out a learning disability that mimics AD/HD.


More appointments. More paperwork. More patience. More prayers.



My guy is struggling. When part of the family struggles, it's like a body part is injured. We are all limping. My heart is sad. But still joyful that it's not a life threatening condition. I cry thinking of how tough it will be for him. Yet I am thankful that God chose me to be his mother and help him conquer this.



Amanda has paved the way. HECK, she has blazed the trail, burning it to the ground in some ways. She has bombed and she has blossomed over the past ten years.

 
 
 
We aren't going to "get through this". You don't get through a mountain. You climb a mountain! But the view is awesome once you are at the top.
 
 

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13 (Daniel's life verse)




I have so much more I want to say. It seems like I have been on auto pilot for months. But I will stop here. Please keep us in your prayers. Pray that I gain the wisdom to handle whatever may be thrown at me. Pray that I can sing hymns when I am in chains. Pray that I can love these children the way that God loves me. Pray that I don't grow weary from doing good. Thanks Friend.





No comments:

Post a Comment