Friday, January 31, 2014

Hearing Results

Daniel was seen by the pediatrician on Thursday night. I was in the room for the hearing test. I was trying to gauge the expression on Daniel's face as well as the nurse.

The doctor came in shortly after that. He asked Daniel some questions and I told him that our daughter has ADD.

He gave me three names of psychologists to evaluate Daniel and then said we would go from there.

I said, "So he passed the hearing test." The doctor nodded.

I prayed before the test uncertain of what I was hoping for exactly.

After the results were in, I guess I was secretly hoping it was the hearing.

Now what? Phone calls, doctors and evaluations.

I will take the route of AD/HD and have the school rule everything else out. I know that he has a hard time filtering certain sounds. He is more focused on background sounds than the main sound. For example, he can be watching TV, the heater running and the washing machine. Yet if Amanda (or me) are in the room eating he flips out! (Not Curtis however).

And then of course The Diet.

Some will argue that it isn't the diet. What is my opinion?

I think it is very important to eat breakfast. And I don't mean sugary cereal. I mean protein. Do we do that in this house? Of course not. Daniel leaves most mornings with nothing in his stomach. No gas in his car. Or even worse, he will have snacks like funions, doritos or pretzels. Then for lunch he has a pb&j.

Change is required by everyone. It's just hard.

I have prayed, sang and cried over the last few hours. I went to bed sad. I woke up sad. It's just tough.

My hope is that by April we will know what exactly is causing Daniel to be unsuccessful.

But there are worse things that could be going on in our lives. There are worse things that my kids could be diagnosed with. One thing is certain...God is the same today as He was yesterday as He will be tomorrow. God is good all the time!

Hebrews 13:8 (NIV)  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment