Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Familiar Path

However it is an unpleasant one.

I want to scream and sit in the closet and rock. I want to complain. I want to punch something! I am so glad I don't drink or else I would be drinking...constantly.

I have to escape. I put on the headphones and Overcomer is playing.

Oh God, how appropriate.

I'm tired. Weary. Frustrated.

I know. You don't call the equipped. You equip the called.

That should be comforting. It's not.

Why did You call me?

Have I ever asked that question?

I guess I am just feeling sorry for myself.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

I will trust You, Lord. I will not listen to the lies that are being whispered in my ear. I will focus on You.

At least I know the drill.

STEP ONE: Contact the guidance counselor and the pediatrician.
STEP TWO: Schedule a hearing test.
(If the results show nothing we move on).
STEP THREE: Change the diet COMPLETELY. No sugar, no junk, no soda. Maybe even no gluten.
STEP FOUR; School Evaluation

Yes, we are in the process of trying to see why Daniel is unsuccessful at school. The transition from Elementary to Secondary is HUGE. He went in with ZERO organization skills. He came in with ZERO studying skills as well.

KLOVE

Thank you, Lord again for the perfect, timely song by Jeremy Campclick here ).


Someone of FB was talking about homework. (The bane of my existence). The comment was a simple "teachers should be parents so they know what it's like to do homework with there kid" or something close to that. Ha ha. I have thought that many times. I come home at 4 pm to the house, homework and dinner. And of course any activity that is going on that night. Many nights I don't plan dinner. It's just my own fault. I have all day to plan and make it with the baby. He would love to help. But still I come home with no idea. The Gold Fish Crackers have stepped in far too many nights. (Go ahead, judge me. I care not!)

Homework consumes me.

I want you to consume me, Lord.

I am requesting that you keep us in prayer over the next few weeks. The Lord can handle this. I don't have to worry or be discouraged. And the song that is playing now...

How perfect is it to end this  post with?

Come to Jesus

Disney August 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment