Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I am thankful for God for without Him I wouldn't be blessed like this...

All the makings of an apple pie
 
Daniel mixing the cinnamon and sugar with the apples.

Curtis taught Daniel how to make a pie crust.


Daniel shredding cheese for the mashed potatoes.

Taking the turkey out of the brine bucket.

Turkey in the bag and ready to bake.


Way too much food for the five of us.

These are a few of my favorite things...
 
Hey look, I'm in a picture!

Amanda and Mom
 
Smile for the close-up.

Mom rolling out the pie crust.


Curtis made a fancy lattice crust.


Our first time using a pie crust "mold" (little apples).
 
A new recipe

Daniel posing with my pies.

Cranberry-Pear. Yes it was as good as it looks!

After dinner reading.

 
Skellig. I think they spent more time complaining than reading.

Turkey brining, pie making and reading = exhaustion. Even for the cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment