Thursday, November 21, 2013

One Month Mark

I had to look back. It was Saturday, October 19th when we first went to the gym. It was painful. And it was a Saturday afternoon.

(We have only missed a few days. Sundays are our days off.)

During the week, we started going in the early morning after we would wake Amanda. We would stay for twenty minutes but with the "getting ready and getting there" it was closer to 30 minutes of our morning time. I would say that it was in the time frame of 4:45 and 5:15 am.

After two weeks we bumped it up to 30 minutes. After one or two days I realized we needed to adjust the time. I realized that 4:20 is the ideal time. I change and stretch and we are out the door at 4:40 am. We are back by 5:20 am so Curtis can shower and get out by 6.

On Saturday, we go around 6 am. I am usually awake at 4:20 by habit now!

Amanda is out by 6:25 and then I wake Daniel shortly after that.

Daniel is out by 7:15. I have the next hour to clean up a little, do laundry, and walk the dog. Patches has been here for 3 weeks. We love her. She gets a mile walk every morning and sometimes in the afternoon. She definitely looks like she lost weight. Amanda said she is at Fat Camp.

Curtis lost weight too. Me? I might have but then again I just wanted the scale to stop going in the wrong direction. My clothes fit again so I am happy.

Sometimes if the weather is nice I take the baby for a walk. The one day, Robert had a 3 mile morning walk and another mile walk in the afternoon. On top of that I had been to the gym and the dog had 2 walks that day. I was totally and completely exhausted!

I was not in bed at 6 pm. But you would think so, right? It's hard to go to bed before 10 pm. Sometimes is our schedule and other times it's just because I am in this new routine. Six and a half hours seems to be the amount of sleep, on an average, that I have been getting.

In the beginning it was really tough. I wanted to take a nap at 9:30 with the baby instead of doing my Bible study. Some days Robert didn't want to take a nap. Those are the days when I can't sit on the floor. I have to be moving!

But all in all, I would say that I feel 100% better than I have in months. I am just hoping that I don't hurt myself and it all comes to an end.

Do you stretch? It's so important.

Here are some pictures of our house guest. I didn't want her on the couch but the first day she let me know that she wasn't going to listen. The Mean Queen is finally allowing Patches to sniff her.






 
Patches goes home on Saturday. We will miss her terribly. But look forward to the next time she comes to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment