Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It's Getting Easier

More:

Half and Half - (1 TB) - 20 calories (I probably use about 4)
Coffee Mate Vanilla Creamer (1 TB) - 12
1 TB Sugar - 48 (I use about 4 or more!)
Spaghetti (1 Cup) - 221
Spaghetti (1 Cup) - 70
Add Meat (1 Cup) 184
Garlic Bread (1 slice) 206
Motts Apple Cider Packets - 80 (I really like these).

Above you can see why I gave up drinking coffee. It wasn't the coffee. It was the stuff I put in it. Approximately 80 calories for creamer and a whopping 192 for sugar. Yikes!!!



Today was our Fourth Day at the gym. It is getting easier. I didn't want to jump off the elliptical after two minutes. Ha ha.

I continue to do the same activities burning 120 calories. We don't want to push it. Next week we will go from 20 minutes to 30 minutes.

Writing down food will help us track our calorie intake. I have said and heard others say that they didn't think they even took in 1200 calories. Ha ha. We fool ourselves.

Another great tip (from my brother) is don't waste calories on things that don't have protein. In other words, all of the carrot sticks have no protein in them. Protein will fill you up. I am sticking with Greek yogurt and eggs.

Lost calories? I am a great offender of the "bite stealer". These are the lost calories that never get written down. If you bite it, then write it.

Example:

3 grapes as I am making lunches
4 Teddy Grahams as I am giving them to the baby.
Lick of the mash potato spoon before it goes in the sink.

See what I mean?

I do not have a fitness goal such as weight loss. I have a healthy BMI. I fall in the weight range for my height also. It's just my clothes are tight. And they are new. And I make all the wrong choices. I want ice cream instead of vegetables.

Hmmm, I never crave carrots. Why is that?

I am not going to constantly be weighing myself. It's just a number anyway. I got on the scale today just to see where I was. And I was right where I thought I was.

Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas.

There is always a holiday that wants to ruin my success.

Lord, help me crave you and not junk!


Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him! Psalm 34:8








1 comment: