Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fitness Journal Day Two

Up at 2:20 with a coughing husband, I suggest going to the gym then. He declined. Then up again at 4:45, dressed and ready to go.

After TWO minutes on the elliptical, I want to scream and jump off. But I exercised for ten minutes on level seven and burned 80 calories. Then rode the bike for ten minutes and burned 40 calories.

Home by 5:30 am.



120 Total Calories burned.
Today I will walk with the baby. We usually walk 3 miles. It will be nice but getting colder by the end of the week. Once the weather turns, I won't walk with him. It's just too cold!

Breakfast - 180 Calories
1 HB Egg - 70 Calories
1/4 Cup Cranberry - 110 Calories
16 oz water





What IS 120 calories you might be asking?

1 TB Olive Oil
15 Cheetos
2 apples
small roasted chicken leg
4 slices of low fat ham
1 oz of Capt. Crunch cereal (1 oz?)
1 Cup 2% Milk
1 Boiled Potato
5.1 oz of Chardonnay - 120

 Click here for more.


AWARENESS. It's knowing how many calories you take in, how many you need and how many you need to burn. It's MATH! (She shudders)!


The goal is between 1,200 and 1,500 per day. No more than 1,500!


Just For Your Information!


1 Strawberry Nutrigrain bar - 130
Chocolate Chip Chewy Granola Bar - 100
Oikos Greek Yogurt (Blueberry) - 130
Hershey Bar - 210
Chick-fil-a Classic Sandwich - 440
1 Slice of Pizza - 140
1/2 cup cottage cheese - 90
10 grapes - 34
10 baby carrots - 35
1 cup cantaloupe - 53
3/4 cup Homemade mashed potatoes - 171 (Livestrong)
Meatloaf - 294 (source click here)


Do you drink your calories?

1 can of Coke - 139
Coors Light - 102
McD's Sweet Tea (one size and it's large) - 280
Chick -fil - a Sweet Tea (medium) - 130
5.1 oz of Chardonnay - 120

My beverage of choice is water.



Plan ahead. Remember it is the key to success. I have tomato, grapes, carrots ready to go for lunch. I can live without snacks. I don't need to be grazing every 2 hours like most experts suggest.


Chicken soup for dinner is the plan.

1 comment:

  1. Go walk the baby at the mall! Keri and I used to do that all through the winter so we didn't have to give up walking together. I think if you walk the perimeter four times it's a mile, but don't quote me on that.

    ReplyDelete