Friday, March 1, 2013

Music...my happy place.

I love to blog but I find myself not able to do it with my whole heart so I don't blog at all. (Sad face).

There are so many people on my heart that only songs can really explain what is going on in my head and my prayer life.

For those hurting, this song is so comforting (to me anyway) MercyMe.

"There is a time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance."
Ecclesiastes 3:4
 
For those who are just worn out, this song is simply perfect!
 
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
 
We watched "Here Comes The Boom" three times over the last couple of days. I really enjoyed it. Yes, there were some things that were not appropriate. I think that it is a movie for a 10+ child. I read a couple of reviews. It's so hard to find a movie that is just good and clean. MMA can get violent so just to caution you, there are scenes that would be classified as violent.
 
I loved the line "Without music life would be a mistake". ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche.
 
We are a music family. (I sing. I sing all the time. If you want to call it singing. My family would call it something else for sure.)
 
Music is my "go-to". Some people drink. Some smoke. Some do other things harmful to their bodies that I won't really mention. Some people shop. Some people eat. I listen to music. Every day. For hours.
 
This song is another favorite. I often think about what my memorial service will be like. I hope lots of people come and I hope they cry a lot.
 
I heard this song this week. The band was talking about how the song was written in response to James 1:17 which is my verse for 2013:
 
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
 
I have to confess that I think I have a crush on For King and Country for several reasons:
  1. They are adorable.
  2. They have that Aussie accent.
  3. They are musicians.
  4. And of course they love the Lord!
Click here and tell me that I am wrong! OH, and this one!
 
Yes, music does it for me! I think anywhere I can listen to music is My Happy Place. I love driving when I have Klove on or a good CD playing.
 
Speaking of My Happy Place...Baby R's house really is my true happy place. I was thinking the other day that it is like being on a tropical island from 8:30 to 4. And on this island the temperature is 70 degrees with a cool breeze. And anything and everything I want is at my beckoned call.
 
 
Yep, that's my day. I hang with the most awesome little guy who is happy ALL THE TIME. I watch the Trinity Broadcast Network which shows sermons by Joyce and Creflo  while I feed him breakfast.
 
We listen to praise and worship music. I read from the Children's Bible and then from my Bible. The baby loves it. When I show him the cover of his Bible, he smiles real big. And he wants to hold it.
 
And then I do my Bible study while "R" sleeps. Bliss. Just bliss!
 
We have had quite a time over the last couple of months with school work. Amanda is back on track and being tutored by the most wonderful young teacher. We are truly blessed in so many ways, I can't even count them all. The stress at times has been unbearable. But I have to remember (and continue to remind myself) that God is sovereign. He knew how much we would have on our plate so he removed all daily stress from me. I HAVE NO STRESS between the hours of 8:30 and 4.
 
Who can say that?
 
So again, I love to blog but I find myself not able to do it with my whole heart.

My heart is right where it needs to be however...fully focused on God and my family. (Happy face).


 
 

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking the other day about Amanda and wondering how she was doing this year! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete