Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Update on Progress

Jeannette sent me a short message last night:


Been off of soda and bread for a week.


I know that is huge. That's huge for her and anyone who drinks soda. I gave up soda...I don't know, maybe twenty years ago. Maybe longer. I think I gave up bread on a regular basis after Amanda was born and Atkins was all the rage.

I am very proud of you, Jeannette. More than a few words on a blog can truly express. Way to go. I LOVE YOU!

You are improving your life. You will lose the weight and feel better.


For me, weight is not the issue. It never really has been. I am not diagnosed with anything either. Nor do I take medication. I just know that it is time to make a change. I don't want to wait for the diagnosis. I am tired of trashing my temple!


My progress update:

Been off of dessert (candy, cookies, pie, cake, ice-cream etc) and coffee for a week.

Sunday night I was frustrated with both children and in tears. I'm not even pre-menstrual I thought. I went to be at 8 pm.

Monday, I had a headache all day. I took Tylenol during the day and then in the evening. My neck hurt and I ended up going to be early again.

Yes, I attribute this to my detoxing of refined sugar.

Yesterday, I woke a new person.

I have been doing a walking video (ten minutes) from On-Demand. It doesn't make me sweat but it does make me out of breath when I start using my arms when I am marching. It's a lot of in place marching and some moving up and back as well as side to side. I have done that twice a day for about four days.

Hey, it's better than nothing.

I have also been consistent with my prayers, quiet time, journaling and reading my Bible.

Today is Day Nine.

The first Twenty-One are the most difficult. I have the twenty-first circled on my calendar. When (YES, I said WHEN) I make it there I will do something nice for myself. Something that does not include food or beverage.

So, how are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment