Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My One Word for 2013

Happy New Year!

This is the 600th post. Wow!

And it's time to talk about change and My One Word.

The concept behind this is that we make these big, long elaborate resolutions that we don't keep anyway. The one word is a summary.

My 2011 word was REST.

My 2012 word was SIMPLIFY.

My 2013 word is  ACCOUNTIBILITY.

Many things must change in my life. But the biggest hurdle I have is my health. I have become extremely lazy over the last four months. I don't exercise AT ALL. And my eating habits some how ended up in the toilet!

I went grocery shopping and I have decided that the time for change is now. Actually, I decided this about a week ago and it's been reckless abandonment ever since. I said to Curtis that I just wanted to eat fists full of cookie dough since I knew the party was over.

I am divorcing sugar and everything associated with it...which means pasta and bread.

I know how to do it. I can do it. And I have done it.

I just need help.

Because face it people, we can not accomplish anything on our own. We are weak and spineless individuals. And if I just offended you because you are not weak and spineless, well forgive me. I sincerely apologize. And good for you! But for me...weak and spineless!

I need Jesus but I also need you.

I have prayed about it. But when you are all by yourself it's easier to eat it then to pray not to eat it! I need ACCOUNTIBLITY.

I am going to have people who will email me, Facebook me, text me and call me to make sure I am sticking with what I need to do.

I need to be asked this question: What are you doing right now!?

OK, how about you? What's your One Word.

(The steel cut oats are cooking right now. Yes, I would rather have an everything bagel).

******************************************************************************

Focused

My goal is much the same as Theresa's..my health! I need to lose that baby (14 year old) weight and then some. 

I recently started experiencing high blood pressure and anemia; something I've never dealt with before. And I have been on medication for high cholesterol and triglycerides for some time now. 

Things need to change before I head to diabetes and heart disease. So, it's off to the grocery store to start the life-style change in terms of my diet. My goal is to eat as many natural (not processed) foods as possible. 

I need to keep focused on the goal because food is an addiction and as my schedule gets busy, I stray. My husband is working on the same goal for himself; but he's always had no trouble losing weight...so that's often discouraging for me when I'm battling for each pound (or even half a pound) to come off. So focused I will attempt to be in 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment