Friday, December 21, 2012

I wanted...

I wanted praise.
You gave me humility.

I wanted security.
You gave me my daily needs.

I wanted attention.
You made me invisible.

I wanted happiness.
You showed me joy.

I wanted to be good.
You asked for holiness.

I wanted to be capable.
You made me say, "I can't".

I wanted a career.
You gave me purpose.

I wanted fulfillment.
You gave me brokenness.

I offered commitment.
You desired surrender.

I wanted lots of things.
You gave me much more than I could have wanted.


This was written by a dear friend of mine in September. But I needed to read it this morning.



I have been feeling despair over the last couple of days. I never read the newspaper but felt that I should read each victims name and what was written about them. I am talking about the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary. I was in tears. I had to put the paper down and pray.

Just as I was praying, my friend shows up. She could have come any time during the day, but she came just a the moment that I needed her most! (Thanks God).

After she left, I decided to do my Bible study during the baby's second nap. I had my James workbook and my Bible. But after a little bit I realized that I needed to just go to Psalms and read the Bible. God's words were so comforting.

But today my day starts with a recorded message from Amanda's principal. There was a rumor that because today was suppose to be the end of the world, that a student had threatened to bring a gun to school and shoot everyone. The police were called in to check out the accusation. The rumor was found to be false. I have now received that recorded message a second time.

Sigh.

I said to Amanda at breakfast that she didn't need to be afraid. (She seemed so uninterested in my conversation.) Yes, the world will end but it just won't be today. No one knows when it will be. Not even Jesus.


But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Mark 13:32


 But we do not have to fear. Fear is of the enemy! And remember, we will be in the arms of Jesus when we die. And we are going to die...some day. But Heaven is like Disney World times a million. We will have cookies and ice cream every day. We won't have guns and violence. It will be sunny every day. She said  "yeah" as she is hurrying to get her Christmas present's bag together to take to the bus.

Yes, 10 out of 10 people die. That's fact.

But God is good all the time. That's fact too.

The world is not good. Sometimes when I hear people say "Life is good" I just want to rebuttal and say....No it's not. Your life may be good at this moment, but that will soon change.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Life is Good products. We have many of them. But it is not fact.

Soooo, where am I right now? I am sad. I am allowed to be sad. It's ok to be sad. But it's not ok to stay there. I have the comfort of God and His Word.

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

I will rejoice, listen to music, wrap presents, finish baking and be still and know that He is God!

Have a fantastic, fabulous, FAITHFUL Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment