Friday, November 16, 2012

Thankfulness - Day 16




Parents

I was born in to a loving family with a mother and father. 

I had a wonderful childhood. I guess it could almost be called picture perfect. Mom stayed at home with the three of us. Dad worked hard at a blue collar job, working overtime many nights. We had dinners around the table together daily. We went to church on Sundays. We had family vacations.

Mom and Dad scrimped and saved and put all three of us through college without loans. They bought us all our first cars. They helped any way they could. 

We never new struggle.

I am who I am because of my Parents.

I find myself parenting my own children very much in the way that I was. Doing the same things. Saying the same things.

I am thankful that God chose John and Bertie Flynn to be my parents. 



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful testimony! And what a good parent you are as well!

    Blessings to you!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete