Sunday, August 26, 2012

Turning Another Page


This will be my fifth and final time painting this room. This is the largest bedroom in the house (the Master for most people). However, Amanda had more things than we did so she was the one to receive this honor. When we moved in we painted the room white. Then for Amanda's 7th birthday (I think), I painted each wall a different color to match her multi-color comforter. As you can see, right now the walls are blue, green and pink with the ceiling a darker blue. At one time there was a red wall and an orange wall also. I painted over the red wall (project #3). Then I painted over the orange wall at another time (project #4). 

My goal with Project #5 is to give her a more mature room, as she is starting high school in just ten days. (I'll be accepting sympathy cards and chocolate...thanks Shay for that line.)

I started painting around 8:30. I decided that I wouldn't push myself. That when I felt finished I was going to stop. I didn't want this to be a burden.

I chose a color called Polar something (I'll get back to you on that because I can't currently find the paint card). It is in the grey family. I tested it on Friday night when Amanda was out baking for the youth group yard sale. When she came home, she said she liked it. It went on looking white but it did get a little darker as the night went on. I will let her choose any accessories she wishes.

So...I started painting and I guess I had too much paint on the roller because it dripped right down in to the corner of my eye! Ahh. I ran to the bathroom and flushed my eye while I prayed. I wasn't panicking, which is odd. I got the paint out of my eye and continued painting wearing my sunglasses. My eye feels fine this morning. Praise the LORD.

Here are some BEFORE pictures. In 2008, Amanda and her girlfriends decided to make a "signature" wall. I was less than pleased.




I love the green closet doors. I will miss them but they are going!


Look at all of this stuff. We are clearing out. She can keep whatever she wants but it will be boxed up and put in the attic. Everything else is going to the yard sale on September 15th!


After I painted, I thought I should have left this wall blue because now I have to remove those shelves. Oh well, hind sight is always twenty-twenty!+

I painted the right side of her room in 3 hours. Then I spent 35 minutes taking EVERY THING OUT except the furniture.


My grandmother made the quilts. Amanda is going with the Hot Pink and an accent color of yellow.





I still have the green wall and the rest of the blue wall to paint.


Then I have the pink wall and the closet doors.


I would like to come in under $500 for the make-over. This is her belated birthday present as well as a starting high school gift. On the Wish List will be a new bedding set, chair, lamp shade (the one she has now is lime green.) She will also need art to hang on her wall as well as a small book case. The one she has now is broken and old. She is not a reader like Kayla. So all of her books will be in storage. I am thinking of a shelf that can be mounted to the wall. It has to be small since we have the slanted walls (don't you love it!) For years, I would bump my head on them and I am only five feet tall. Ha ha.

I want this to be the room that SHE wants. In four years she will be off to college. That's a blink, you know. Where did FOURTEEN years go? How did they pass so quickly?

So, right now, everything is in Daniel's bedroom. The guys were away for the weekend with the cub scouts. We have a lot of work to do today to clear a path. I didn't take a picture of his room. It looks like we are hoarding, however. LOL.

My goal is to have everything completed by mid-September. I have taken a position with a family to be the Nanny for their newborn. It's totally God's plan not mine. I have prayed about what His will would be for me in September. I prayed this every day as I walked my two miles. EVERY DAY. I prayed Jeremiah 17:7-8 and prepared for the heat and the drought. 

“But blessed are those who trust in the Lord
    and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
    with roots that reach deep into the water.
Such trees are not bothered by the heat
    or worried by long months of drought.
Their leaves stay green,
    and they never stop producing fruit.


It's an amazing story how the events of this new journey occurred. I have had this list in my head of possibilities and nothing about this position is on the list. God never wants to fit in to my box. 

Yes, I want to do Your will God. It will not be an easy position. I understand that. Thank you for allowing me to be part of Your plan. Use me to bring You Glory. Amen. 


2 John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.



1 comment:

  1. Four years is going to FLY by! I love the new decor--very much appropriate for a young woman.

    We're both kind of freaking out about how quickly the last 14 (you) 11 (me) years have gone and how, in just a few short years we'll be done and they'll be in college. A friend of mine said "The days go by slow, the years go by fast". So true!

    ReplyDelete