Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My word was Simplify, remember?

great housekeeping schedule



So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31 

At the beginning of the year, I chose one word that I was going to make my resolution. Here is an update as to how that's going.

I started following this schedule that I found on Pinterest last week. So far, so good.

Wednesday was my big day because I cleaned the refrigerator. I don't know about you but that is not something I clean very often. To tell you the truth, it may just be something that gets cleaned once a year! That's how long it's seems like it's been. I can't be sure.

My Monday's also include the two litter boxes. Then I clean them again on Thursday. Do you have cats? Do you scoop every day? This is a job that I do. I just have this thing where I don't want the kids scooping poop. Yes, it's a fear. I give them other jobs and take on that one. It just seems too "germy" for them.

I have to say that it is challenging not to clean the entire house every day. Yesterday I cleaned the living room and shoved a lot of stuff in the bedroom. Instead of then moving on to the bedroom, I stopped. Yes, I stopped cleaning. I knew that today is Bedrooms so I was able to enjoy ice-cream and a movie with Daniel last night.

Do you have that problem? You just want to clean until it's all done. But then tomorrow it's all messed up again. Ever feel like your spinning your wheels? Or running on that hamster wheel of life? I've been there.

What this is doing is breaking things in to a small chunk. I know that I will get to it tomorrow. I am not putting it off until next week, I am just staying disciplined.

My goal is to clean less and have more time to read.

This week is soccer camp for Daniel. Yesterday I stayed and sat in my car for THREE hours, with my Bible, journal and day-timer. I forced myself to stay instead of going to run errands. I was the only one who stayed.

School will be starting in just two weeks. I have taken on a full time position outside of the home that I will talk about another time. But right now my thought process is that I need to get on a schedule with the house. The reason for that is once September arrives, so does school and activities. We will be somewhere EVER night of the week except Monday.

Sunday: Youth Group (Amanda) 7-9 pm
Monday: Family Night!
Tuesday: Cub Scouts 7-8 pm
Wednesday: Soccer (Daniel) 5:15-7 pm
Thursday: Irish Dance 7:30-9 pm
Friday: Soccer 5-6:45 pm (Could we make it to AWANA also? Maybe)
Saturday: Travel Soccer Games

My purpose is not to spend the rest of the weekend cleaning. Slow and steady wins the race. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

 Do you have a cleaning plan? Please share.

I am enjoying this one.

Why not Sing along while you work. It makes the time go quicker!


2 comments:

  1. Full time??!? Whoa! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your going to get busy! So are you going back to work???

    Schedules, they are great if you can stick with them :) We do well in the cleaning area...but could use help in other areas. Hope you have a super weekend, my prayers are with you!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete