Friday, August 3, 2012

Clarifying a couple of things

"But godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:6




The children are ready to go back to school. They are bored.

I am not bored.

That is a lie that Satan will tell us. It is peace that we feel.

I heard a conversation at the Hair Cuttery this morning. The girl ask her customer if there was anything exciting going on in her life today. And the customer said "unfortunately no". Why do we always need to have excitement.

Excitement or conflict? That's all we know and anything in between is boredom.

Not true.

I do not miss working at the day care either.

That's the second lie that Satan keeps telling me. I have moved on and I need to stop looking back with... regret? I met with a very dear friend yesterday. We seem to be in that same "holding" place, not sure where we will be in the fall. But neither of us want to be where we were.

Today, I am spending the day by myself. No children. No husband. No car. It's hard not to just clean the house all day. But I want to be purposeful. What I need to do is turn off Klove.

I love this song by Switchfoot. Turn up the volume, LOUD!!

(And the answer to their question is YES, but changing and growing in Christ is a must.)

So I ask you...contentment? Do you know it?


No comments:

Post a Comment