Saturday, June 9, 2012

We Got The Fever

I don't know about you but in the Spring, this house has baseball fever. When Daniel is not playing, we still manage to find ourselves at the fields to watch the travel team. There are two teams that we follow. One is called the Nines and the other is the Tens. What that means is the average age of the players. Daniel played travel ball last Spring with the now "Nines". However, two of Daniel's school buddies are on the "Tens".

Daniel's in-house team lost a tough one on Thursday night so he is finished. Last night Curtis went to see the Nines at home. The Tens were away. I talked to one of the moms and she said the game was away and it was far. She told me where and I knew the field. It really wasn't that far, maybe 25 miles. But it was only about ten minutes from where I grew up. We were able to watch the game and get a visit with Mom in all in one night.

The Tens lost a tough one but the Nines won. Today, still more baseball!

As I am typing this, I realize that this is pretty much a rambling/boring post. My intention is to not bore you but to tell you about everything we have learned since April 14th.

We have had two fabulous years of little league. We have had coaches that not only know and love the game, but truly love the boys. When I look back, I see how God has orchestrated each year perfectly.

Then there was this season. I started wondering what God was up to. I wasn't happy. Actually, I was in tears at one of the games. It was a struggle. No, challenge is a better word. I was in constant prayer for the team, the coach, my husband and my son. I am reading through my journal and on April 23rd, I wrote:

Lord, I know you are sovereign. Teach us what we need to know in this situation. Give me wisdom and strength to handle a tough situation that may arise again. 




April 24th, I wrote:

Father God,
You are good all the time. You have all the details set and all we have to do is surrender. I confess that my flesh is ready to have a field day in regards to little league. I have emotions that are just not of You. Thank you for being in control because if I was, things would get ugly. You have set all of these events in to motion for one purpose...for Your glory. Lord, I ask that You change me. Give me wisdom and patience. Help me to say the words You want me to say and not say the ones I want to say. I pray that you change hearts and open eyes. Amen.


I posted this on May 4th.

May 5th... I didn't blog. I didn't even journal. God knew my heart. It was the boiling point. Something had to change. I was ready to pull Daniel out of the program. My emotions were getting the best of me.


May 8th:

Today, if you would hear His voice Do not harden your hearts." 
Psalm 95:7-8


God speaks with perfect timing our response should be immediate obedience.


"I will hurry without lingering to obey your commands. Psalm 119:60




May 13: Sermon Notes

"Most things in life are caught not taught." Pastor Thomas

God does not waste the good or the bad.


May 16:

I received a prompting to send an encouraging email. I waited for a response. I felt the disappointment creeping out of the pit when I didn't get one. It nipped my toes but I kicked it back in. I heard the Holy Spirit say, "you obeyed. That's all!" It's not about me. I was looking for acknowledgement. Recognition.

But obeying isn't a two way street. When we hear God's voice, we obey. No matter what. We may never see the results of that action. But that's OK. It's not about us. It's not about ME.

June 5th:

Tonight could be the last game. I've had thoughts about what to say in a thank-you card, but they are fleeing thoughts. I need to let the Holy Spirit choose my words. 


The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged." Psalm 69:32


This season wasn't about us changing the coach. This season was another refining moment to humble our hearts and allow us to see that we are truly a train wreck and need Jesus. I can say all the things that were negative. I can focus on all the things that didn't happen or dwell on the "could have beens." Or I could say all of the things that were positive. I can focus on all the things that DID happen. I will choose to humble myself and say thank you Lord for placing coaches like this in my life. He has not taught me patience. You have, Lord. He has not taught me the power of positive thinking. You have, Lord. He has not taught us perseverance. You have, Lord. WE learned much this season. But all life lessons come from above.  I ask for forgiveness, God. For my complaining heart, for my lack of trust in Your plan. This coach was part of Our Plan. Thank you for him. Help me to forgive his ways, for he doesn't know what he has been doing. Father give me grace because sometimes it feels like I'm the one who fails. 


I want people to act a certain way yet I turn around and complain and act the same way.


Therefore, encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 
1 Thessalonians 5:11




June 6:


I prayed for the coach. Has God change his heart? I don't know. But God has changed me. And he has put people in my life to discern my critical ways.




Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:8-9



June 8th:

Baseball is over. The team lost a tough one. I had to really fight the thoughts of  disappointment. I have a lot of mixed emotions. But God's grace has covered them. So we move on. 


Pinned Image

This season I have become more wise. It's been a tough road to walk. But I have learned that you need to have a "short memory". Leave it all behind!

















1 comment:

  1. Wow. Tough year! What a GREAT perspective that it wasn't the coach teaching you the lessons, but God. He uses everything, even if we don't see it at the time.

    ReplyDelete