Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pending Strike

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29


We received a phone call yesterday stating that the teacher's union INTENT is Strike June 4th. OH MAN, was Facebook fired up.


Yes, everyone is up in arms. But the superintendent did not say the strike will begin on the 4th. He said their intention is to strike. Now everyone has plenty of time to negotiate in the next week. Also, people have a heads-up to make arrangements for their children.


(I'm here working on a new Spinach Brownie recipe if you need me!)


I have no worries about this topic. This is not something that is registering on my stress meter. I am working on my anxiety. And nine out of ten times it involves money, not a teacher's contract, by the way.


Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34


What do I worry about? Not much. My life is great. I am a housewife. I am a stay at home with the cats owner. I try new recipes. I do crafts. I take walks. I memorize scripture like Matthew 6:25-34. I am enjoying my life immensely. I feel ten years younger. 


In my own little world it hardly ever rains.


Let me tell you one thing though, people don't like my "happy-go-lucky" attitude. They want to know my opinion. What side are you on? You can't be on the fence.


I do have an opinion. I have an opinion about EVERYTHING. But there are certain topics that I WILL NOT discuss or debate with you. If you get me started, I will. But be careful when I tell you my opinion because it might not align with yours. You may be totally shocked by what I have to say.


Besides the lack of contract, I will not discuss homosexuality or abortion with you. 


How do I keep my even-keel disposition? I've learned over the years that my words do more damage than help. I've learned that I want to build each other up not tear each other down. And I've come to know the Truth that God is sovereign. He's got this. He does not need my help nor my opinion.
(Hebrews 13:8).  So why get my panties in a bunch (eww, I hate that!) 


I can choose my choices but I can't choose my consequences. I can choose to get all hot and bothered and red in the face but I can't choose my blood pressure. So I choose to walk by faith. 


And PRAY. 


Try it. Pray for the school board. Pray for the union leaders. Pray for the teachers.


You will feel better. You cannot be angry when you are praying for someone. Believe me, that comes with YEARS of experience on my behalf.


Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

1 comment:

  1. I refuse to discuss politics or abortion unless I KNOW, without any doubt, that you are on the same side of the issue with me. People (myself included) get very upset about issues and what's the point of beating someone over the head when neither you nor the other person is going to budge one inch? let's just agree to disagree and let our relationship be about more than certain topics.
    Oh, and I am SO WITH YOU about the money thing!

    ReplyDelete