Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fundraising


There have been years that I fundraised BIG. There have been years that I have not fundraised AT ALL. This year at a last ditch effort, I sent out 50 letters in hopes to raise $50. My neighbor sent the first donation, a check for $50. My goal has been met. (I did raise an additional $15 since them). With only 26 days until Relay 2012, my excitement builds. It is such a great event. It is family friendly. It is fun and it is for a great cause. My suggestion: find one near you!

*******************************************************************************

April 2012


Hello Friend,

We are coming up on our seventh consecutive year in our participation in the American Cancer Society’s signature event, Relay for Life. Many things have changed in our lives since we began in 2006. But one thing remains the same, that being the diagnosis of cancer.

My goal this year is to send out 50 letters in hopes to raise $50 by asking you to donate one dollar to my cause. My hope is to educate one new person on the statistics of cancer. My hope is to add one new person to our team. My hope is to get one step closer to finding a cure for this dreaded disease.

Can you help me with at least one of the above desires?

We will be dedicating the entire day on Friday, June 15th to meeting these goals. For more information, please contact me. Thank you!

With a sincere heart,
Theresa 
The Journey Begins Here 

“For we walk by faith not by sight”. 2 Corinthians 5:7



  • Neuroblastoma is a form of cancer that starts in certain types of very primitive nerve cells found in an embryo or fetus. This type of cancer occurs in infants and young children
  • There are 2 main types of lymphomas: Hodgkin lymphoma and Non- Hodgkin lymphoma
  • About 56,460 new cases of thyroid cancer (43,210 in women, and 13,250 in men) will be      diagnosed in 2012.
  • About 15,500 women will die from ovarian cancer in 2012.
  • The most important way to lower your risk of basal and squamous cell skin cancers is to limit your exposure to UV radiation. Practice sun safety when you are outdoors.





********************************************
Our first year we wore white t-shirts with the logo in purple. The second year we wore purple with black lettering. (Not digital pics). The third year everyone wore pink t-shirts, even the men! In 2009, I ordered "gold" and this is what arrived! (We wore these for two years. It's the only year that we did that. It makes it hard to keep 2009 and 2010 separate). This year we will have blue t-shirts but a different shade.

Relay 2009



Relay 2010


Relay 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment