Friday, May 11, 2012

Being a Housewife

I have to say that I LOVE it!

I have been having such a wonderful time taking care of my husband and children, that I forgot to blog.

I haven't been here in a week! So what have I been doing? Pretty much the same thing as always: running the children to their activities, planning meals and trying to save money and keeping up with the laundry and dishes. The house isn't any cleaner. And I am ok with that.

But one thing that has changed is that I am cooking. A lot. I have tried a few new dessert recipes. I have "pinned" many recipes that I want to try also.

Tonight I spent my Friday night grocery shopping and then making Buttermilk Pancakes for the week. I will make French Toast tomorrow to freeze for the week as well.

On the menu this week is Chicken Fingers, at Daniel's request.

I wish this post was more exciting but I have to admit that my life has become less exciting. And that totally appeals to me. It's not boring. It's PEACEFUL. I am content.

Now don't get me wrong. I do have those anxiety moments that sneak up on me that play through my head something like this: "You better make a Plan B when you can't pay the bills." But over the last month (Sunday will be a month exactly), I have been able to pray through those thoughts.

Do the birds worry? Then why should I?

But the best part is, I feel like I am five years younger. AND I lost three pounds! I was really excited to see 118. I haven't been under 120 in a while. Who would have known how three little pounds would put such a smile on my face! (Before you throw something at the screen, I am only 59 inches tall.)

I also have been reading more. Each day, I sit down for about an hour in the afternoon and have a cup of Teavana and read. It is totally quiet and totally PEACEFUL.

My energy has returned also! I was struggling to stay awake past 8:30 pm. I was grumpy and couldn't wait for the children to go to bed so that I could go to be. There were some nights that I would say good night and they would put themselves to bed. I had to give myself a time out. I felt bad because I felt I was missing out on this precious time. But I knew that I needed to distance myself. I was beyond exhausted. Stressed out. But now, I am up to 10 sometimes 10:30 pm. I have to force myself to go to bed because I am still getting up between 5 and 5:30 am.

One of my favorite times of the day is when I walk to school with Daniel. I have missed doing this for FOUR  YEARS. I didn't know how much I missed it until I started doing it again.


So, I have to say that this new gig of mine is the life for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment