Sunday, April 22, 2012

He speaks to me

I went to see Lisa Harper this weekend. She was awesome. I even bought one of her books called Stumbling into Grace.

But something stood out to me because, well, it just happened TO ME! It's a GOD STORY!

Lisa talked about meeting someone at a conference who had brought her infant. He had Down Syndrome. The mom talked about how blessed they were to have little Elijah. But she had been going through a difficult season where she was unable to get out of bed. Her husband thought that a women's conference would be good for her.

After the conference was over, Lisa was talking to a group of ladies in the lobby of her hotel. Elijah's mom came up to her to ask her to sign a book. While signing the book, Lisa had overheard the group of ladies say a word and because she has ADD, she wrote that word by accident. Now this word is just there. It's a word that is an obvious mistake. Lisa thought about crossing it out. But then thought quickly to make a Creative Moments bubble and write a verse inside to cover her mistake.

Of course, our crowd of ladies is in hysterics.

Elijah's mom left and Lisa continued her conversation. As Lisa is getting on the elevator, the doors open and there is Elijah's mom. (As I am telling Amanda this story, I am bawling by this point). The woman said that she waited all weekend for Lisa to say something that would pull her out of her season, to lift her up, to encourage her. But nothing did. Elijah's mom was going home disappointed. But then she opened the book to see what Lisa had written and to her shock, it was her life verse. She said that she claimed this verse twenty years early. It was not a popular verse. She knew right then that God did see her.

I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the word and the verse. Because Lisa had said a few times, "God sees". That is a comforting thing to me. (Click here to read about my secret name). And guess what? Lisa then concludes and dismisses us to have a brief break.

I couldn't get out to the lobby quick enough. I had to talk to her again. After she finished signing a book I simply said, "You are going to tell us the word when you come back, right"  She said, "No. I don't know it. But I will explain."

Sigh. Ok. I went back and when she continued the conference she said, many of you asked me what the word was during our intermission. I honestly don't remember it. I keep in touch with Elijah's momma and I have never asked her what I wrote. It wasn't about me. I had just made a mistake and tried to cover it up. But God used me. I was a pipe.

How awesome. I thought of course. It's not about us. If she knew the word then she might get all prideful knowing that she built that woman up.

And you are wondering what this has to do with me, right. Well, Lisa signed my book, "Theresa, You're His BELOVED." and the verse is Zeph 3:17.

Zeph.? That's in the bible? Must be OT. I'll have to look that up in my...bible that's in the van. OK, I will look it up when I get home.

I didn't get home until late because Amanda and I went to see Kari Jobe perform last night. And then I just forgot about it.

I have spent most of my day on the computer, blogging, reading blogs, looking up recipes, making a lesson plan for the week, visiting money saving blogs, etc. So I have not looked that up yet.

I was on one blog that lead me to another and that's when I found this really cute sign. I left a comment and waited for a response. The blog owner didn't know what I was talking about. So I left another comment with more information. Then it arrived. I got chills. I went to find my book. Yes, it is Zeph. 3:17. Now I am going to bawl.

I did not make this.   It was made by a crafter from Ponca City, OK - her company was called Grubbies Inspirations.  They were always scriptures or inspirational quotes, usually with a cute little drawing.   I have had this for at least 25 years.  I googled Grubbies Inspirations and only got one related citation- for a "vintage" Grubbie print selling for 7.99 on E-Bay.  That made me laugh.  Guess all of my stuff is vintage now!   This is Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV) so I don't think you have to worry about copyright infringement!


Wow, God. That's all I can say.


Thanks Karen!


The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” 

1 comment: