Sunday, April 1, 2012

Discerning God's Voice

HE SPEAKS: These things I have spoken to you that in me you may have peace. John 16:33


I woke this morning with a heavy heart. I have a prayer request but I cannot give you any details other than, please pray for this person who I love dearly. Medical tests are required. When those things are needed, fear accompanies the situation. I have prayed and pushed "those" thoughts out of my head so that the Peace of the Lord could rule in my heart.

I opened my Bible study this morning. I am on Day 3. The title is PEACEFUL.

God knows what I need, when I need it and how I need it.

God's peace serves as a mechanism by which I can discern God's voice.


Peace is a gift that accompanied your salvation. It is one of the great blessings from our Father to His children. It is one of the names of the Holy Spirit that depicts His character.


I know this Peace personally. I spoke to Him this morning.

He is Jehovah Shalom - the God of Peace.


God's personal word to you will be accompanied by a sense of assurance and peace. When you sense God's leading ask yourself, Do I feel confident and peaceful about moving forward or am I restless and unsure about the directions I have received. Can you move forward in confidence that you will not be betraying yourself?


Our God-given peace cannot be lost; but if something is not pleasing to God, peace will not rule. 


"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts" Colossians 3:15


The peace of God should rule in our hearts not our circumstances. We can't depend on what our circumstances say to determine what God is doing. We must always look inward first and move according to the Holy Spirit's witness in accordance with God's Word. When peace rules in our hearts, we can confidently move forward regardless of what external circumstances look or feel like and regardless of what other say. 

"God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power,  love and self discipline"
 2 Timothy 1:7


When you have fear, it is never coming from God. That is not in His character. The world is looking for peace through blessings instead of looking to the Blessor. You can only find true peace through Jesus. He is the Prince of Peace.

Prosperity is a state of mind. A contented heart can rejoice and feel prosperous in a tent, for Jesus promises peace internally and eternally.


Pray with me, please:


Father God, 
Good morning. You, the God of this whole universe, has breathed life in to me and have allowed me to wake again to learn  how to love You and love others more. Peace seems to be the topic today. I have heard "I'm at peace" but decisions made in our own strength can never give us what only Your Son can. Lord, I confess that I look to other things, worldly things, to find peace in my life. I get busy and put things before the people who I love so much. Forgive me, Lord. Thank you Lord for the people in my life. You have surrounded me with a support system, a church family, a work family that helps to hold me together. I ask this morning Lord, that you will give true Peace to the ones who are unsettled. You are the one true God. You have sent Your Son to die for our sins (not just those of us who believe but the entire world). You have given us Your Holy Spirit to walk us through this dark world. I pray Lord, that the ones I love can truly know this. I pray that they may not lean on their own understanding, but acknowledge You to make their path straight. I pray that they can feel Your loving arms around them and know that You have never taken Your eyes off of them. May they feel You holding them in the palm of Your hand. I pray all of these things in Your precious Son's Name because it is a strong tower, because it has power! AMEN.





No comments:

Post a Comment