Friday, April 13, 2012

A Door Closes For a Window To Open

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. Romans 8:38
April 10, 2012
  

This is a difficult letter for me to write. I have thought about what I wanted to say for several days and nothing seems appropriate to cushion the announcement of my departure on Friday, April 13th.

I have enjoyed several years as an Assistant Teacher. I had planned on enjoying many more. However the Lord laughed at my plans and has decided to take me on another journey.

My heart has always been to be a housewife, as antique as that sounds. I have prayed many prayers that the Lord would give me the desire of my heart. And through a series of unexpected events, He has done just that.

I have had none other than great joy teaching and learning with your child. It’s been a privilege to guide them, pray with them and watch them grow in the Lord.

Therefore, not with a spirit of sadness but one of much peace, I say
good-bye for now.
  

With a sincere heart,
Theresa 
“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7




April 13, 2012

I only cried four times today!

This is the letter I posted on the employee bulletin board:


Once upon a time, I dreamed of being a stay at home mommy to my little girl. I had a high paying corporate job. But my heart longed to be elsewhere.

In December 2001, my husband made that dream possible and I quit my career. But it was short lived when there was more month than money. I soon went back to work. But now I had a little boy, too. I worked nights and weekends in order to stay home with my children during the day. I had three jobs. My husband had two. Somehow we managed but my dream never changed. I longed to be elsewhere.

In March of 2005, my husband made that dream possible as well, for three and a half years! But soon my little boy and little girl were not so little anymore and it was time for me to get back out there.

In 2008, I joined this team. And I quickly found that my passion was teaching the Gospel to the Wee Ones. But my heart continued to long to be elsewhere. I prayed that God would change my heart or take my desire away. I look back and I see His fingerprints all over this journey that has been leading me elsewhere.

In March of 2012, my husband again made that dream possible. Maybe you are wondering why I am giving the credit to Curtis. Well he has always been my biggest fan. We have been through a lot over the last several years. You can call it the good, the bad and the ugly. But we always manage to come out OK. He is the love of my life. And I want to be the best wife that I can for him. He deserves it.

I have always desired to be at home with the children. But when the children grow older, does the desire change? No, my desire has always been to be a Housewife (yes, so old-fashion), not the modern stay at home mom (which turns out to have an expiration date on the title once the children become school-age).

So I have been promoted. It’s a good thing. I have become comfortable in the last three weeks with the idea of becoming uncomfortable financially. But some things you just can’t put a monetary value on. For example, the time that I will have to make sure my husband, children and home are taken care of (yes, in that order).

Dream Big. Pray Big! My prayers have been answered. With a sincere heart, I will miss you all!     Theresa 


2 comments:

  1. I'm playing blog catch up...WOW, I'm so thrilled for you! Isn't it amazing how the Lord works things out...Not our timing but His! I hold to that in the salvation for Curtis, I spoke of him and you just the other night when I was leading a Bible study. I told the ladies that I just 'know' that one day Curtis will accept Christ...and partly because his wife is being the wife she is to be!

    I look forward to see what the Lord has for you and your family! And as far as not working...You do work still work, and now your energy is all in one direction your home...and that can be the hardest, yet most rewarding work we as wives and mothers can ever do. Kingdom work!

    Love, Hugs, & Prayers to you~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this?! I have seen you walking in the morning lately and thought something had changed. I'm really pleased for you. :) We'll chat soon.

    ReplyDelete