Sunday, April 8, 2012

500th POST!

“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20 NIV




The pressure I have felt in the last few weeks when I realized that number 500 was coming up has been building. I have emailed Jeannie Hopes a few times letting her know of the upcoming event. Ha ha!


On Good Friday, I realized that I was just one a way. So today on this Resurrection Sunday, I have reached this milestone, if you want to call it that.


What better subject to talk about then my Jesus? Today represents the day that He has risen from the dead. No other event in history will ever compare to His death, burial and resurrection. No one will ever be able to duplicate it.


On Friday afternoon, the children and I went to Jesus' funeral. It was a production put on by Student Venture. It was overwhelming. I had to borrow a tissue from the woman next to me. When I think about what Jesus endured for me, because of me, I am humbled and broken! And that just doesn't even seem to be enough to say Thank You.


Then on Friday night, I went by myself to my church to listened to a sermon given by four different pastors. They took turns speaking. One, however, stuck out for me. He said that there are two paths. One is the path of eternal darkness and the other path is eternal life. Then he said, the one you choose to be on is all up to you. It's about what you believe? Do you believe that Jesus lived, died and rose again? Do you believe that He is the Messiah? Or do you believe He was just a prophet? 


Today I will be going to a different church but the message will be the same. It always is the same on Easter Sunday, Resurrection Day.


Life and Death.


None of us think that tomorrow we won't wake up. But that is exactly what happened to the Pastor's friend. She went to bed and just didn't wake up the next day. She was in her twenties. None of us think like that. But what if that happens? Do you know where you are going? For certain? In the depths of your heart?


It's in the Bible. And some of you will say "oh that's just a book". No. It's not just a book. It's a history book. It's a book filled with TRUTH. Read the book of Daniel, specifically chapter 9. I found this blog talking about the mathematical probability that Jesus was the Messiah. Truly fascinating.  Truly amazing.


And I have not been able to get this out of my head. Did anyone think that it was going to be anything but just another day? We will always remember. It's the single greatest tragedy in my lifetime. 


And me? Well, you don't have to worry about me. I know where I'm going. If I go to bed tonight and don't wake tomorrow, I will be in Heaven. For certain!


Anyway...God loves everyone. Not just us who call ourselves Believers or Christ-followers. God loves the Muslims. God loves the Buddhists. God loves the atheists. He is desperately pursuing them. And you, by the way.



John 3:16 tells us:


For God so loved the world (that's EVERYONE)


that he gave his one and only Son (Jesus)


that whoever believes in him (trusts in Him, makes Him the Lord of their life)


shall not perish (eternal darkness)


but have eternal life (the promise of Heaven).




Yes, God loves everyone. But not everyone is a child of God. And people don't want to hear that nor do they want to think about it. They want to hear that God loves everyone. 


But God gives us all the choice to come to Him. He is not pushy. He is not standing over people saying "except me!" He is waiting patiently for the choice. If you choose not to, then that's your choice. "We can choose our choices but we cannot choose our consequences." (More Truth here).


We all have sin. We are born with it. But isn't this some good news! 


And John 14:6 tells you clearly that there is only One Way. His name is Jesus.


Well I didn't intend on going down this path. But sometimes the Spirit just leads me this way. Life is too short to wonder if you know Jesus as your Savior. This kind of talk makes people uncomfortable. 


After all this, if you still have questions, please let me know. This is something that maybe you have heard a million times but it still isn't settling in. Please ask your questions. I love to talk about my Jesus!


I am going to leave you with a few of my favorite songs that illustrate why this is my favorite "Holiday". Today:


Christ is Risen, and My Redeemer Lives. Who you ask? Jesus Messiah, my Hero, because it's a Glorious DayIn Christ Alone.


This sums up my life. Now, may I call you Sister (or Brother) in Christ? It would be my privilege. What better day then Resurrection Sunday?!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely!! :-)

    I think sometimes the modern American church gets so caught up in "we don'ts" or "we can'ts" that we forget it's all about love. God's love for us--undeserved. Our love for each other. Our love for those who don't believe. That last one we are so desperately failing at.

    ReplyDelete