Friday, March 2, 2012

WOW God!

This week I have been really trying to discern God's voice. I am doing a new Bible Study and learning so much about my spiritual walk (or not).


Wednesday I woke up and just wanted to stay in bed. But it was our "extra" day. You know, it was that moment when I realized that I would love just a couple more hours to finish what I started. Not only did God give me an extra hour, but He gave me 24. It was February 29th!


I went to Bible study and then out to lunch with a wonderful friend. We talked about following the Holy Spirit and not our emotions, most of the time.


Then I came home to the regular routine...dinner, clean-up, making lunches, showers, homework. At 6:30, I went to bed. I have been fighting a terrible cold and just needed the extra sleep. I am so glad I listened to the Holy Spirit, because at 11 pm, Amanda started with the stomach bug...until 3:30 am. 


I woke for the day at 5:15 am. She was lying on the bathroom floor waiting for Mom Mom to come as I was off to work.


To make a long story short, I was home by 1 pm, sick and in bed at 1:10. Thursday and Friday are a blur because I was just soo exhausted and sick.


Right about now are you wondering why this is called "Wow God?"


Tonight Amanda and I are watching TV and I received a very bizarre phone call that I won't get in to. BUT...I was angry. I was really angry. And then the Holy Spirit said "it's PRIDE". Yes. It is. What are those Beth Moore truths? I have to go look them up, I think.


I have my journal all ready to write them down and I start the page with "Pride rears her ugly head". Is that the expression? I think I will google it.


And WOW God. This is what I found. Can you believe it?


Look at the blog verse? Ok, it could be a coincidence (if you believed in those). Yes, it's not an uncommon verse. So I start reading the post, which is entitled "she reared her ugly head...again". Another coincidence?


I read on. Oh My George, she sounds like me?! And the song playing is the one I deemed "Seventh Grade", called Blessings by Laura Story. (Actually most of the songs are the ones I listen to!)


This really stuck out for me:

This is me.
I love the Lord.
I adore my husband.
I am crazy about my children.
I am committed to Bible study, prayer, and scripture memory.
I have people around me who hold me accountable.

And still... I am prone to wander. I am prone to selfish hissy fits.



At the end, she quotes another favorite verse of mine James 1:2-3


OK, thank you God for grounding me. For helping me through my mini-melt down. It lasted about 10 minutes! Yes, WOW God. Now what are those promises I was looking for?


God is who He says He is.
God can do what He says He can do.
I am who God says I am.
I can do all things through Christ.
God's Word is alive and active in me.



Your grace still amazes me!



No comments:

Post a Comment