Saturday, March 17, 2012

Parenting

1 Samuel 1:27-28


I stumbled across a blog and one of the posts is called "I was never called to raise godly children".


Click here to read it in its entirety. 






Some things to consider...

My Children are not: People who will carry on the family name, my possessions, or projects for me to accomplish. They are not extensions of me or status symbols to build my reputation. 

My Children do not need: Parents who try to "play God" or parents who act like law-enforcement officers. They do not need me to give them everything they want. They do not need me to be over-protective or for me to give them absolute freedom.

My Children are: God's gifts to me (Ps. 127:3), our responsibility, and having them provides me with an opportunity to grow, depend on God and trust Him more.

My Children Need: Parents who love, nurture and give them direction. They need me to relate with them personally and individually, appreciate their feelings, accept their individuality and differences, and allow them to think and feel. They need me to model consistency and honesty, to be encouraging and supportive, and to be loving and forgiving.



Daniel and Curtis left at 8 am for soccer. Amanda had a sleep-over at her girlfriend's house. I am doing laundry and catching up on emails. The cats are sleeping. It's QUIET. I like quiet, but not for too long.

I will be attending a seminar at 10:30 called "Why Teens Leave" (the church after being raised in it). I will have more to add to this at a later time. 

Enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment