Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Long Way Home

This is my current favorite. I just like the light-heartedness of the music. I just like
 Steven Curtis Chapman.

Home Sweet Home
There's No Place Like Home

It's where I want to be.

Do you know what I mean?

**********************************************************************

I wrote that last night. This was waiting for me when I woke this morning. Did you read the word REST? It's in there twice. The devotional hit home. We are busy people. And this week is ridiculous! And I need prayer. Lots of prayer!

Rewind to Friday. I woke at 3 am, not knowing it was 3 am. I finally got up to see what time it was. It was 3:30! I read and then made my way to the kitchen at 4 am to start a meatloaf for a family in need of some love. Curtis came out shortly after that to see what was going on. When I said I was making meatloaf, he said "OK" and turned around and left. It was hilarious! At 5 am, I went to the grocery store. As soon as  I walked in, I felt the beginning of a migraine. I finished shopping (yes, I am my mother's daughter) and came home to lay down. At 5:45 I woke Amanda and read some more. And that's when I had my second migraine! I have never had two migraines!

The morning was a blur. The Grape Room was it's normal self! And I survived!!!!!! But my day did not end there. After picking up Daniel and getting everyone fed, I then had to run Amanda to a girlfriend's house for a sleep over. Then pick Daniel up at Baseball to run him to AWANA (then he went to a sleep over). With no one in the house, I finally was off to bed at 8:45 pm on Friday night.

I felt a little better on Saturday and was considering not going to my chiropractor. But the Lord kept prompting me to go. When Dr. Tom adjusted my back he said "You are a mess. What's going on!? You are so stressed out!" His advise was for me to...well I can't remember the word. It wasn't recharge. It wasn't retreat. It was something like...RE...?. Anyway...I needed some REST. That's a RE word. LOL.

Anyway, I have messed up my back. I need prayers because as you know, I work with two year olds. There are some "patient-triers" (that's as kind as I can be) who weigh a lot. They will just lay down and refuse to comply. Help me to remember not to try and pick these children up! Pray that I listen to my body.

Tonight we have a Cub Scout Pack meeting. I run the snacks. No rest for the weary.

I woke with Galatians 6:9 on my mind to help me get through the day. I have been hanging on to Matthew 11:28 and verse 30. (For some reason I have not memorized verse 29. I guess I will do that today).

I did get to bed super early last night after I had used the heating pad for 15 minutes on my lower back. I have NEVER had lower pack pain! I also used Bengay. This morning I thought it felt better but I don't think it's much different (2 Corinthians 12:9-10).

I can tell you one thing, the pain has slowed me down. And that's a GOOD THING.

But it's still Terrific Tuesday. I thank you very much for the prayers. I don't want to sound like a complainer but I do believe prayer works so I felt I should tell you that on a scale from one to ten the pain is up there at about an 8!

I will see Dr. Tom on Wednesday as his hours do not fit in to my life on Tuesday's (that's always the case, isn't it?!)

And you, my friend, have a Terrific Tuesday as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment