Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm Four Today

The Loving Lemons are the three year olds who are turning four. This week I have been hearing a lot of "I'm going to be four". I was joking with them and said, "ME TOO, plus forty", which sparked this post.


So, today I turn Four + Forty.


I am not embarrassed to say that I am forty-four today. I don't think many people would guess my age. I have to praise the Lord for not giving me the kind of skin that tans. My Irish decent has saved me, lol.


 As a child, I so disliked my super pale skin. The kids (being as mean as kids can be) called me all kinds of names. My closest friend up until fifth grade was Greek so she got dark as dark in the summer. I just burned, peeled and faded back to pale. All summer I smelled like sunblock. To this day, I buy products without that childhood memory smell. And I am a smell person, but that is not a favorite smell! 


All of those lovely bronze beauties in their twenties and thirties look very aged. The sun is so damaging to our skin! If you tan or don't tan, please protect yourself. And don't allow your face to tan, EVER. Use those self-tanning products. I couldn't even use those. I just turned orange. But now that I am forty-four, I am completely comfortable in my skin, as pale as it may be.


With all that being said, I would not want to be "young" again. I made a lot of bad decisions and I am thankful that I am more mature and wiser now. (I can hear my siblings snickering). 


Yes, forty-four is a good fit!


********************************************************************************************************


My sweet husband took the day off to take me out to breakfast. It was OUTSTANDING! We had so much food that we brought enough home to feed four more people. Then we went to buy a new vacuum. After that, I went to have tea with one of my favorite people. And now I am home, awaiting my reservation at Cafe Curtis. Not to mention that God has sent warm sun (it's 74 degrees) on my special day. After dinner, I will meet another favorite lady for some more tea. Yes, I think I like forty-four!




Forty-Four things about me!


Favorite Food: any real fresh food but mostly anything that Curtis makes
Favorite Toy: the computer 
Favorite Cartoon:  Old Scooby-Doo
Favorite Song: too many...anything by Hillsong or Casting Crowns
Favorite thing to do: besides spend time with my family...blog
Favorite time of day: early morning before dawn
Favorite Subject: God
Favorite Movie: Fireproof
Favorite Color: Pink (and green)
Coolest person in your world: I am pretty fond of Curtis!
Absolutely the best thing about being forty-four: Knowing who I am in Christ
Favorite Animal: Kittys!!!!
Favorite Flower: Daffodils
Favorite Snack: Ice cream
Favorite Ice-cream: chocolate chip
Three words that best describe me: assertive, motivated, integrity
One food I really dislike: slimy and onions & peppers don't like me (boo hoo) 
Favorite Book: The Bible
Favorite Musical Artist: Steven Curtis Chapman
Favorite Musical: The Sound of Music
Currently Reading: Made To Crave, Becoming a Woman who Pleases God, Discerning God's Voice
Favorite Bible VersePsalm 37:4 and Proverbs 31:10-31 and 2 Corinthians 12:9
Favorite Holiday: Easter
Favorite Vacation: cruise to Alaska
Favorite Comfy Clothes: Duck pajama bottoms and a sweatshirt. 
Favorite Smell: Vanilla
Drink of choice: Water
Favorite Sounds: my children laughing, a train in the distance, rain at night
Favorite Season: Autumn
Sweet or Salty: Sweet
What do you collect: nothing really...books (and dust, see the next answer)
What chore do you dislike: dusting and cleaning the bathtub
Favorite Annual Event: Relay for Life (this is our ninth year)
Do I have tattoos: NO
Do I have body piercings: Ears (two in the right, three in the left)
Favorite childhood memory: swinging in our back yard and making mud pies
Favorite physical trait: my hair (which I hated growing up. Now it's so easy to maintain!)
Personal Trait I am working to change: my judgmental or critical spirit
Currently waiting on God to answer what prayer: Oh so many but one about mentoring
Favorite Restaurant: Cafe Curtis
Favorite TV Show: Chopped (or anything on Food Network)
Favorite Children's Book: : In the Night Kitchen
Fiction or Non-fiction: Non-fiction
Where would you like to visit: The Grand Canyon


For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. Psalm 139:13

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sissy! Hope your day is extra special just like you =) Can't wait for our birthday get-together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you! Thanks for your comment! 4 is a fun age; and I'm sure 4+40 is a fun age too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! I'm a pale girl too and gave up on tanning long ago. I just don't want to look like an old leather handbag when I'm 50!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Theresa!!! Totally agree with you on the age thing, just a number. Hey now, I am one of those sun worshippers & I will have you know that I was carded recently (had to card everyone under 35) & I am NOT under 35 LOL!!!! Loved your "44 things" - really no onions or peppers...Peppers are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete