Thursday, February 23, 2012

Made To Crave

I started a new book, while I am still reading the "old" book. Becoming a Woman Who Pleases God is not a quick read. After each statement there is a scripture address to back it up. So I have to look up each one if I really want to benefit from this reading. It's a SLOW read. You need to marinate in the applications.

I picked up Made To Crave by Proverbs 31 "Jesus Girl", Lysa TerKeurst. I have read her books before and I really like her. She is hilarious.

But this morning, I thought I would start with Becoming a Woman Who Pleases God. Being healthy is the chapter I am on. Oh, is it a coincidence that the other book is about being healthy too? I think not!

"Just as good physical health is the result of implementing sound health practices, so good spiritual health is the result of applying sound spiritual practices. God's Health Plan for the heart of the Wise Woman contains four essential elements:


Weight: A need to eliminate unneeded cares (1 Peter 5:7-10)
Pulse: the rhythm of one's gratitude (Colossians 3:12-17)
Blood pressure: Reading of anxiety over trust (Psalm 55:22)
Diet: Regular intake and submission to the life-giving thoughts of the Lord (Jeremiah 15:16)


I did the work for you so all you have to do is click the link to the scripture. But you can see why this book is a study guide and other books are "reads".

It takes me longer to read books than "normal" people because I read and journal. What that means is that I have my journal and a pen next to me so that if there is something that I think is worthy sharing, I will write it down. I have already started taking notes from Made to Crave. But I am on the third chapter already!

I will share that with you on another occasion. Have a Thankful Thursday, Friends. I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment