Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Words of Wisdom Wednesday

This post is really written by nineteen year old, Elizabeth Munck. I pre-posted yesterday before work. I listened to the song and quoted the scripture to several of my co-workers. I told them that this was the verse of the day. It is truly what got me through the day. I had said to the other teacher, "it was a really good day". She disagreed with a laugh. As I laid in bed this morning, reflecting on yesterday's events, I realized that it wasn't really a good day. There were many things that would have sent people over the deep end. There were a couple of explosions between the boys. (We had ten boys and two girls yesterday). But my heart was calm. I know it was because I clung to this truth.


Thanks Elizabeth. I hope you write more about how God is working in your life!


**********************************************************************************************


Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

By delighting in Him He gave me the desires of my heart. No...wait He gave me the desires of HIS heart. All of the desires I desired He slowly changed to His. The things I once desired so much, are not so bright and pretty after all. In fact I have no desire for them at all!
If He had have given me my desires and not His. I would still desire more and more, because only His can fill and give peace!
Not only am I satisfied and content but my relationship has grown with Jesus Christ!
Have I stopped delighting in Him? No way! I still need to be filled with His desires.
I started off using this verse for my selfish desires. To me I thought they were good desires...but they were MINE. Slowly those desires faded away and disappeared. New desires came and I found they were not mine but His He had given me!
I've heard all my life God has a sense of humor! But I didn't know He plays tricks on people?!? That's how he got me! Delighting in Him He gave me His desires.
I could not be more filled with joy, peace, and contentment than I am now!
It's like that song...Turn your eyes upon Jesus look full in His wonderful face and the things of this earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace!
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment