Friday, January 20, 2012

Prayer Requests

And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching. Titus 2:7 NLT 
Today is the first day back for Amanda and Daniel since January 6th when the teachers announced a strike. The teachers have been on my mind all night and morning. My heart is heavy. This is going to be a very difficult day for everyone. But God knows (or as Dad would say "God know"). This is the verse on Klove today. It seems just so appropriate. God knows our minds before we even think. God knows our hearts before we even speak. He knew I would be having so many doubts and "whys" of my own teaching ability that He provided this verse to calm my spirit today. Nobody knows me like my God!
Anyway, keep the prayers coming for Mr. S, Mrs. R, Mr. H, Mrs. G, Mrs B., Mrs. M and Daniel's teacher Mrs. B.
Keep the prayers coming for me. I think my heart has been on "strike" since September. Going through the Jonah study has opened my eyes to my disobedience. I realized that I have the heart of Jonah. And the Good Physician is working on me. My clay is hard and he is pounding it to soften me up. (And boy did I get a beating yesterday!)
The Lord will work out his plans for my life - for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me. Psalm 138:8 NLT

And today's verse from Bible Gateway:

“[Trials and Temptations] Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.” James 1:2-3 NIV

I will share more about my Jonah Journey at a later day.
Oh and one more prayer request, Amanda is sick. Tomorrow she will try out for the County Choir. There are approximately 500 kids trying out. They take 30. Last year she was selected. Since she has not been in school for two weeks, she has not practiced the piece. AND she is so congested. So pray for her to feel better. We are praying that God's will be done whether that means trying out tomorrow or not. We are trusting His plan (or at least trying to).
UPDATE:
Amanda came home at 8:30 (I was thankful Curtis was still at home to pick her up).
BUT THEN, Daniel came home at 10:30 (he threw up in front of the nurse's office). 
I cleaned, did laundry and grocery shopped. Then I laid down for close to an hour and had quiet time, but never really fell asleep. 
Counties has been postponed until Feb. 6th due to the threat of some nasty weather. 
So James 1:2-3 was for me and my children not me and the Wee Ones. 

1 comment:

  1. Praying that Amanda's talent shows in spite of sickness & lack of practice. :) And that all will be peaceful in the schools today.

    ReplyDelete