Monday, January 9, 2012

Our Little World

There are two songs that have been in my head since early last week. The one is by Matthew West called My Own Little World. The other one is by Casting Crowns (our favorite group by the way).

Music motivates me. It calms me and comforts me. I have ZERO musical talent. So what else would the Good Lord do but give me a daughter as talented as Amanda. She sings, dances and plays the piano (a little). I know, I am boasting. But she is a gift and has my love for music.

Anyway, last week when I realized that the strike was really going to happen and not just a rumor, I started praying. God spoke several truths in to my aching heart. He is Sovereign was the most important one. God had given me the verse a week earlier (January 4th). Do you remember it? Hebrews 3:15. (Click here to read the application).

Then, Daniel had been asking me to go to "Eric's church". The irony in that is we are at "Eric's church" already. Because of our friends, we went to visit and decided to call it Home. Funny, then they decided to move on. But remember, God is Sovereign.

I said yes to a visit so yesterday we went at 9:30 for Sunday School and Service. The topic for the adult class is "Daniel". Well, of course it is. That was the first formal Bible study I did with my friend back in 2006 at "her church". A lot of what was said, I had already studied. The book of Daniel is what gives the Bible its credibility. You see, Daniel was a prophet. He predicted Christ's coming TO THE DAY. He predicted a lot of things. You should check it out. But the Bible isn't just a book of fiction. It is an actual history book.

OK...enough about that. That's not why I am writing this. (Sorry, another rabbit trail for another time).

After the class, Pastor Joe spoke. The topic of his sermon was "If God is Sovereign..." NO WAY. What are the chances of that? Earlier in the morning, I woke and did my Jonah study.  One of the verses tied right in as well. Everything that has happened in the last six days fit together like pieces of a puzzle. It's amazing when that happens.

The conclusion of Joe's sermon was "When God's timing and purpose are accounted for, every detail of our life is orchestrated perfectly." 


So for the teachers to go on strike this year is not by accident. Nothing in life is. God knew that Amanda would be having a fantastic year. God knew that these six teachers would be guiding her and teaching her daily. God knew that my heart would soften. (If you want to see a hard heart, just look at anything I wrote during seventh grade).

But now I have a request to you: Please pray for her teachers as well as Daniel's teacher. She is wonderful also. We love them all. The children wish they were at school. That's how awesome they are! Pray for resolution. Pray for those who know God to come to Him for strength. Pray for those who don't know God to be drawn to Him. In Jesus' name, AMEN.

Mr. S. - Social Studies
Mrs. R. - Math (Amanda's favorite subject for the 1st time in EIGHT years).
Mrs. G. - English
Mrs. H. - Science
Mrs. M. - assistant in Math and English
Mrs. B. - assistant in Science

Mrs. B - teachers Daniel

These are not just teacher's striking. These are real people with families. Not every person is for a strike. Not everyone agrees with the issues. People are so easy to look at the negative. I hear it every day.

Soft hearts. Lord, give me a soft heart.

I was looking for a verse this morning because I was in the most challenging room. The Threes! (Sometime I honestly just hold the Bible under my arm for strength.) This is what I found:

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10


Now that's a prayer for everyone! 


Thank you. (I have to admit that this is not affecting my own little world. The children can go to work with me. It's a blessing. Please pray for those families who are struggling to find care for their children, as well.)



3 comments:

  1. Real people, with real families.... I wish more folks would remember that! It's ok to disagree, but the horrible things that people say is just too much to take. Praying praying praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Krier, excellent words to ponder and live by. I was reminded of Romans 12...

    Romans 12
    * A Living Sacrifice
    1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

    * Humble Service in the Body of Christ
    3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,[b] do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

    * Love in Action
    9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

    14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.

    17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
    “If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
    if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
    In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[e]

    21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

    Footnotes:
    a.Romans 12:6 Or the
    b.Romans 12:8 Or to provide for others
    c.Romans 12:16 Or willing to do menial work
    d.Romans 12:19 Deut. 32:35
    e.Romans 12:20 Prov. 25:21,22

    Praying for understanding, patience, and resolution for all involved!

    ReplyDelete