Saturday, January 21, 2012

Meals and such

Well the making dinner thing is going pretty well. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I think the strike has been a good thing in our lives over the last two weeks. I have not had the added pressure of homework. (Yes, the bane of my existence.) Now I am in to a good routine. I have passed that 21 mark. I have heard that if you do (or don't do) something for 21 days, you set a habit (or break one).

I have not been making little trips to the grocery store for that "one" item which always turns out costing me $35. I have been sticking with my list.

For example, in the middle of the week (Wednesday most likely), we ran out of tall kitchen bags for the garbage can. I just used Redners bags until Friday afternoon. It was a little bit of a pain, but nothing that is going to make or break my day.

My Friday's grocery bill came to $95.23. I am not sure what I thought my goal was going to be but I am certain that I can keep it within $100.00 each week.

I do believe because I have SIMPLIFIED my life, I have more time to spend making the meals. I spend less time cleaning up clutter, because the house has less clutter.

If there is a pile of paper, I deal with it then...once and done!

I have been doing a challenge through Glynnis. Yesterday's blog was titled "Does Your Front Entrance Say Welcome". You tell me:



I like baskets. The round basket has ONLY sneakers and slippers. Everything else is kept in bedrooms. The square basket has hats, gloves and scarves. Hanging on the wall is the key basket.

I also have a Tuesday Night basket. This basket contains Cub Scout stuff and Voice Lessons stuff.



Daniel has two other baskets in his bedroom. One is filled with baseball stuff and the other is filled with soccer. I had one with both sports in the living room but it was ridiculously full and not really needed in the living room.

I love our little house. It's cozy. I have an antique desk given to me by my Dad. The little table by the door was Curtis' grandmother. I have another antique table given to me by my mother's neighbor (no photo yet). I guess my style is on the "old" side. I like lacey things, antiquity photos and silver frames.





When the rest of the living room is finished (yes, I do have more de-cluttering to do), I will add those photos. 

So how is your word working for you?

1 comment:

  1. It looks very welcoming :) Love the baskets!

    ReplyDelete