Thursday, January 12, 2012

Five things in my head

I am doing a Clutter Free Challenge with Glynnis Whitwer. After the third day, we have homework already. I have to make a list of everything that I need to get done. EVERYTHING. One thing that has recently been added to my list of responsibilities is that I am the Hygiene Police. Do you have this issue as well? I need to be present during the showers, teeth brushing and face washing or they don't get done. It's rather exhausting.


"Yet you know me, LORD; you see me and test my thoughts about you."
Jeremiah 12:3


Daniel has futsal practice at 5 pm on Thursdays. Amanda has Irish Dance at 6 pm. The only way this is possible is that they are in close proximity. So I left the athletic club and in about 2.3 seconds I was totally LOST. For about eight minutes we drove around. I was freaking inside thinking that I had to get Amanda to her destination then get back to Daniel. I had panicked thoughts of my car breaking down and him sitting there unclaimed. I had to tell my inner man to  sit down! I cranked Amanda's new CD, which was playing another of my favorites, Big Daddy Weave.


“Be still, and know that I am God;" Psalm 46:10


The kitten digested? ingested? string of some sort. He passed it this morning before we left. I am talking minutes before we left. I had to take toilet paper and wipe his bottom like one of my two-year-olds. It was truly SICK. Do you know how thankful I was for being present? I am totally and completely serious! Can you imagine what would have happened if  no one was home. He would have lost his mind and drug it all over the house. Yikes. The thought of that is enough to send me to the closet to rock back and forth.


"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." 
Psalm 107:1


I am very attached to my ear plugs and dental floss. It's almost to the point where I can't live without them!


“Who dares despise the day of small things," Zechariah 4:10 (ok, I know I am reaching with this one).


Making dinner every night is very difficult. I applaud all of you ladies out there who is in a good routine.  Will it get easier? I've heard that if you do something for 21 days in a row, then it becomes a habit. OK, only ten more days to go.


"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews 10:36

1 comment:

  1. I love this random train of thoughts & verses! I may snag the Be still verse for my One Word, as I've still been pondering that.
    I'm not great at cooking dinner each night, but I just Pinned 20ish new recipes to try. I really must get myself back on track with cooking! Laz-eeeeeeee....

    ReplyDelete