Friday, December 30, 2011

My One Word

I was reminded by my sweet Sister and fellow blogging mommy friend Shay about My One Word "resolution." Last year my word was REST. I prayed about what God wanted for me throughout the year. (I was looking for the post and I can't find it of course. So I will bring you up to speed.)


I found 'rest' be a funny word because money was on my mind at the beginning of 2011. Anyway...this turned out to be the verse:


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 


I have also memorized verse 30:


"For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (verse 30)


Verse 29 is not something that I have memorized. I wonder why? I guess I should.


"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (verse 29)


These words turned out to me my life verse. It is something that I go back to often. I have to remind my heart of these words. 


My verse for 2011 turned out to be Galatians 6:9.


"Do not grow weary in doing good for in the proper time you will reap a harvest if you do not give up"


I typed that from memory. I guess I need to work on it a little more. But not too bad for this old brain.


This is how the NIV reads:

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."


And it truly was what I needed to get through the end of the year! God knows. So for 2012, I have already decided on my word. It is SIMPLIFY. I have been doing this for about two weeks in my clearing out of our house. I can't stand "stuff". 


I am also simplifying our meals by planning. I am simplifying our budget as well. So what will my verse be? I went to bed with an unsettled heart. I guess I was weary and a little discouraged. The "simple" phrase that came to mind was "cast your cares":


"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7 (NKJV)


"Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22 (NKJV)


The Amplified Bible always explains words in parenthesis:


Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns,once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.


OK then. 













No comments:

Post a Comment