Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Meal Planning for the Month

One thing I am changing in the new year is how we spend money...or how "I" spend money. I can go to the grocery store for 3 things and $45 later, well you get the point.

I will make a list, meal plan and STICK WITH IT! That's the key, you know. Making goals is not the hard part, it's actually following through and being disciplined.

The Proverbs 31 woman is excellent at this. (Remember, she is my role model).

So the other night, I sat down with my large calendar and just started planning. I asked Curtis if he would get tired of having the same things. He said no. He just wants something when he gets home.  I am going a step further and having the same type of foods on a specific night. For example, Tuesday is Pasta Night.

One of my favorite books is called Today is Monday, by Eric Carle. Each day is a different food. Tuesday is spaghetti.

I am going to go Meatless on Mondays. I had to clear that with the man first, of course.

So here is what I have come up with so far:

Sundays in January (Five)


New Years Day - Curtis is cooking


Steak twice (Curtis does that also) and Roast twice (crock pot).




Mondays in January (Five)

Egg salad sandwiches, Quiche, Soup, Tuna Casserole and Eggplant Parmesan.




Tuesdays in January (Five)


Lasagna, Ravioli, Manicotti, Spaghetti


The last day of the month we will have breakfast regardless of what night if falls on. 




Wednesdays in January ( Four)


Chicken legs, Roasted Chicken, Mexican Chicken and Chicken Salad


Thursday Nights are Mustgo. Everything in the refrigerator MUST GO!


Fridays in January (Four)


Burgers twice (Curtis will do this also. He does all the grilling) and Frozen Pizza twice




Saturdays in January (four)


Meatloaf, Ham and Sausage with Gnocchi 


The fourth Saturday we have three events on that day so we will just eat on the go. 




Hold me accountable, please. Keep asking me how it is going. I can get extremely lazy because I am fine with eating lunch and nothing else for the rest of the night. (Maybe that's how I keep my weight under control.)  But that's not good for my health or my family's health.

Now with a Meal Plan, I can have a list and stick with it!

What changes will you be making in 2012?




2 comments:

  1. Well done, my young Padawan! I will check back with you to see how your journey to being a Jedi of meal planning comes along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great meal plan, that's awesome. I am so lazy about dinner to the point that I have never even attempted to make a meal plan, even though I know I should.
    I did the 'my one word' thing last year, and that worked well for me. I haven't decided if I'm going to re-use last year's word or find a new one for this year.

    ReplyDelete