Saturday, December 17, 2011

Accountability

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 
Matthew 5:8

I wrote a post about the God and Family metal that Daniel was earning. You don't have to search for it. I deleted it. I was convicted not once but TWICE of sin.

I offended two people. It is never my attention to do that. I actually try to go out of my way not to do that. I want to think of others as being higher than me. I am a pleaser.

The fleshly part of me wants to say...then don't read my blog if you don't like it. But that is not correct. I want to live like Jesus. I want to bring God glory in all I say and all I do. This place is a place where I want to honor God. So please, if I offend you or you recognize sin in my life, tell me!

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:1-2

Tonight I talked to a dear friend for a long time about appropriateness. It's been the topic over the last two weeks. Music and television are monitored and censured in my home. But I cannot control what is going on outside of my house. However, if there is something that is inappropriate at school, I am on it!

I am the Appropriate Police. And that is when the topic of being "oversaved" came in to conversation. The person who shared that with me was a Christian. I thought it was funny. I shared it with others. Until someone shed light on the fact that the comedian most likely was making fun of Christians.

That led to another topic of when we see or hear something that is sin, we need to speak up. Something happened and I was uncomfortable. I found it to be inappropriate. But when everyone else is laughing, your flesh seems to override your spirit. I just let it go.

When my friend brought this to my attention, I immediately prayed about it. I then again thought about it a little while later while driving. That's when I asked God to forgive me and help me change.

We all make mistakes. It is very difficult to live in this world and not be of this world. Curtis and I talked about how "tolerated" just about EVERYTHING is now days. It's all just so "normal". You can pretty much do and say whatever you want and get away with it. You can watch and listen to whatever you want and there are no repercussions.

Entertainment has taken on a new definition with reality T.V. Other people's drama is what people want to watch. (I was so pleased when the children chose to watch Myth Busters this morning over the Disney Channel or cartoons. They chose that on there own!)

 So I decided to see what God has to say about inappropriateness. This is what I found:

Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall. 1 Corinthians 8:13


Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1


However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: Romans 4:5-6



What do you think?









No comments:

Post a Comment