Saturday, December 3, 2011

Just found this!

I never finished this so I am posting it just as it was typed on September 26th

*******************************************************************************


To Know You was the title of my post on September 18th, 2010. On September 22nd, I wrote about Love Never Failing (1 Corinthians 13:4-8) and on September 25th, 2010, my post was entitled "For the Sake of My Marriage" and I posted the entire chapter of 1 Peter 3.

On Sunday, we were given an open mic to talk about how the potter is changing His clay. With my wing man (woman, actually), I got up and read 1 Peter 3:1-2 and talked about what has been going on in the last year of my marriage. It was tough. Amanda was sitting there. She was sad, shocked and I believe angry too. Uh, yeah, not the way I wanted my daughter to find out.

I used the NIV Bible to read. When I read my Bible the next morning, I decided to look up 1 Peter 3. There was the date...Sept. 25th, 2010. Sunday's date just happened to be Sept. 25th!

God has been so good to me. It's hard to put it in words. That seems to be such a small statement for my Big God. He has turned our marriage around, 360 degrees. It's been such an amazing transformation. It's a road that I would never wish on anyone. And it's a road that I had to walk in order to grow in Christ. It's only through our trial can we help others who are going through the exact same thing.

My college friend lost her father when she was only 22. It was something that I couldn't help her through. In the last year when I was grieving my father's death, my friends who have not experienced that could not help me. It's like the expression about about "walking in my shoes" or something like that. LOL

September 19th, 2010 I got baptized. I was thinking a lot about this last week and especially in the last three days. Reflecting is a better word. Praying is really the best word to describe my actions. And thankful. To God and to my girlfriends. The support of your friends is priceless.

There was so much junk that I had added in the last 14 years. These ladies have loved me through it all! I know that I am difficult at times but I am thankful for being loved through the good, the bad and the ugly. My heart is so joyful.

I decided that I needed to send an email to my support group. My friend summed it up beautifully:

It is not easy going through everything God wants us to go through so He can refine us, but as we abide in the true vine (Jesus Christ) He will strengthen us and our roots will go deep into His.

Amanda woke while I was composing this. We did the Keys for Kids together. I was only half listening because I was typing. But this was the message today:

Do your actions match your words? It's great to speak up and tell other kids that you're a Christian. That's an important part of witnessing for Jesus. But the way you act is equally important. In fact, it may even be more important. Have you heard the phrase "Actions speak louder than words"? If you claim to be a Christian, do your actions say you are one, too? A testimony for Jesus involves more than T-shirt advertising. It involves living for Jesus. Be sure that others see Him in the things you do.

Then I thought about a song called The Change  by Steven Curtis Chapman (love his music!) I told Amanda this is why we don't get Christian tattoos. For when we are human, people will not think "oh they are just human". They will think, "oh and they call themselves a Christian!"

*******************************************************************************
It's been 14 months since I have been baptized. A lot has changed in that time. Mostly me!

My husband is awesome!

I was reading a magazine this week, which I never do. The article was called "What is the best advice your Dad gave you?" One thing stood out. "Don't complain about your husband to anyone". I thought about that. Venting is such a human thing. But if I chose to capture my negative thoughts after they leave my heart BUT BEFORE they make it to my lips, then the Holy Spirit can deal with me and the thoughts. It doesn't sound like such a big thing. But it is really a huge thing.

Again, my husband is awesome! He does still throw his socks in the middle of the floor and leave them there for four days (I've left them there that long). But then I pick them up and put them in the washing machine. They aren't going to grow legs and walk there so someone has to change. Why shouldn't I be the first to change? I am the one who knows Jesus personally.

He took off yesterday. He completed my Honey-Do list AND added a few other things, AND Christmas shopped for the children AND cleaned the kitchen AND living room. AND finished the laundry.

He is awesome. You don't need to know all of the "not awesome" parts of my husband. I shared the socks thing. That's enough. Joyce Meyer has helped me get over the little things so that I could Enjoy Everyday Life. Heck, I am not going to let dirty socks steal my peace with my husband and marriage. NO WAY.




1 comment:

  1. I'm SO GLAD for you and your marriage!!

    When Jim and I were going through pre-marital counseling, one thing that was really impressed on us was always honoring the other person in public--never tear them down where others can see and hear. Wives frequently do this and I always cringe. (I even lost a friend because I called her on it!). Good for you for protecting your husband's reputation!

    ReplyDelete