Monday, August 8, 2011

Yours

Steven Curtis Chapman is the first Christian artist that I learned about from KLove, in 2001. Then I bought his CD. I loved his music from the very beginning. (I love the middle name too.) Reading Mary Beth's book is heartbreaking but hopeful. They are the picture in every aspect of Jesus Christ's strength in us who call Him Savior.

Chapter 30 "We Can Do Hard" starts out like this:

I've walked the valley of death's shadow
So deep and dark that I could barely breathe
I've had to let go of more than I could bear
And questioned everything that I believe
But still even here in this great darkness
A comfort and hope come breaking through
As I can say in life or death, God we belong to you.

"Yours," verse added after Maria's death.
Words and music by Steven Curtis Chapman and Jonas Myrin

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory. William Barclay

Click here to listen to the song live with the new verse. (Will Franklin is on the drums).

No comments:

Post a Comment