Monday, August 15, 2011

Shine On!



This is from Christie's Carepage:
On December 11, 2007, at the age of 29, I became the first woman in my family to ever be diagnosed with breast cancer. I was also 8 ½ weeks pregnant with my second child at that time.

“We are trusting that GOD is in EVERY DETAIL!!!!” ChristieDevitt, 8/8/2011

Posted Aug 12, 2011 4:16pm
This is Ronnelle Burley. I am grateful for the family for allowing me to give an update on Christie.
As many of you know, this journey of Christie began in the fall of 2007. I watched with AWE as I saw this amazing person step from behind the diagnoses of cancer to allow HIS LIGHT TO SHINE. Not only did I see HIS LIGHT in Christie but I felt HIS PRESENCE beam from her soul. At the time, Christie was also pregnant with Laney Grace. Can you imagine as a women, a mother, a husband, or as a father?
One of the many of moments during her pregnancy that is so ingrained into my soul is watching Christie at Lakeridge Chapel, in her white maternity blouse, with her hair growing back that she lost from the chemotherapy that she was receiving, giving her testimony, and then instead of having others praying for her, Christie was praying over others! Was it not to be the other way around, that she be prayed for and not Christie praying over others! But this is Christie!
On May 27, 2011 Christie called and told me that the cancer had reoccurred. But I remember that one of her many worries were YOU AND ME. She did not want anyone to STUMBLE IN THEIR FAITH because the cancer had returned. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! She told me later that that she felt a burden lifted once she updated her status on carepages. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! But this is Christie!
Since then, it has been an amazing journey. On August 7th 2011, I journal on how I have seen GOD’S HAND in every situation.
The Devitts and Truelocks have been encompassed by some amazing individuals through this journey. I have watched many great doctors at their very best! Brent told me yesterday afternoon that Dr. Oblender said that this may be the time to treat Christie as a person and stop treating this horrible cancer, a cancer that has gripped Christie’s body with a vengeance. So the family has decided to no longer fight the cancer. We are all still praying for a healing. The family also wants everyone to keep praying for a healing but knowing that, as Brent said, God’s healing may not be on this earth.
Brent also shared with me something that Ryan Smallwood said to him and that I would like to share with you what I have seen and witness in not only Christie, but in Brent, Miss Ressie and all the others, to paraphrase, this cancer (the devil) has not won this fight because Christie has NEVER WAVERED IN HER FAITH.
So I ask you, on behalf of Christie, going back to her worries that she shared with me on May 27, 2011, DO NOT DARE WAVER IN YOUR FAITH, but trust that GOD is in EVERY DETAIL!!!!
Ronnelle Burley


**********************************************************************************
CHRISTIE HAS WON THIS BATTLE!!
Posted 4 hours ago (August 15, 2011)
My heart is heavy but I am also very joyful that Christie has gone home to meet Our Heavenly Father.
Christie passed away this morning. Christie has fought a good race and she is now receiving her crown.
Christie is now in heaven with her big curls, the smile on her face, and laughter in her voice. After my last post on Christie’s carepage, I was overwhelmed and I know her family was also overwhelmed to know how many lives she has touch with just being who she was. For those who do not know Christie or never gotten a chance to talk to her, let me give you an example of who she was. Reisie, Christie’s mom, recently told me that Conner, Christie and Brent’s five year old, was lying in the grass outside one night. He goes back inside the house to get his binoculars, when asked what he is doing; he says he is looking into heaven. He then sings a song of healing for his mom, paraphrasing, “Please heal my mom”. Or Laney Grace, who is three years old, climbing on her mom and telling her “I pay for you”, meaning she is praying for her mom. This is Christie’s legacy.
I have thought about how Christie has touched my life and the many physicians that have cared for her. Christie had that radiance about her that showed that God was in her soul and whom she served in her walk, her talk, her attitude and whom she would continue to serve even to the end. She had that unwavering faith. This is the Christie that many of us saw and knew and loved.
We are hurt and are sad that we have lost Christie’s physical body. But Christie was the true epitome of faith and standing strong in her faith and not wavering in her faith when the cancer (devil) continued to attack her body. We have lost her body, but she is now our angel watching over us. And she will continue to “Shine On.”
Hebrews 10: 35-39 (NIV) So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive that He has promised. For, “In just little while, He who is coming will come and will not delay.” And “But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back.” But we do not belong to those who shrink back and destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.
So Christie’s pray warriors continue to live by faith, even in the toughest of situations!
Ronnelle Burley

No comments:

Post a Comment