Saturday, August 6, 2011

Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer

Apparently Joyce's convention this year in Hershey was about her book called Power Thoughts: 12 Strategies to Win the Battle of the Mind.

Jeannie Hopes and I drove to the last session that started this morning at 10am. "I so proud of Net. She got new car" (Dad last fall)...and drove it to Hershey (first time!).

We were there and in our seats by 9:30. Joyce talked for about 90 minutes...maybe. We really have to go to the full four days next year (Aug. 2-4). She was wonderful, as always.

I didn't get the 12 strategies. But I did get a few. I guess I will have to read the book to get all of them. Here are my notes from today (7 pages). I am documenting them just as I wrote in my journal. If they don't make sense then I guess you will have to read the book also.


Mental Strongholds

God wants to meet all of our needs abundantly.

Never love money or seek money. Seek God.

Prosperity

Let those who favor my righteous cause and have pleasure in my uprightness shout for joy and be glad and say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, Who takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servant. Psalm 35:27

I shall not lack/want!

THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack. Psalm 23:1

Be happy where you are. God wants to bless me and I am willing to take it!

Peace on purpose

Let him turn away from wickedness and shun it, and let him do right. Let him search for peace (harmony; undisturbedness from fears, agitating passions, and moral conflicts) and seek it eagerly. [Do not merely desire peaceful relations with God, with your fellowmen, and with yourself, but pursue, go after them!] 1 Peter 3:11

Search, seek.

Keep sin out of your life! (How?)
1. Don't sin.
2. When you do sin, quickly make it right.

Much is given - much is required!

When people aggravate you, do these four things:
1. Leave them alone.
2. Pray for them.
3. Let God deal with them.
4. Do what YOU need to do.

You can't give away what you don't have.

You need to have peaceful relations with:
1. God
2. Fellowman
3. Yourself

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22

You are no surprise to God. He says "I will never give up on you."

We are all different for a reason. We all need each other.

Satan keeps us fighting because if we all lived in unity we would have such power. I bolded this because it is so true. How much time and energy do you waste being angry, annoyed or aggravated with co-workers, spouses, siblings, other drivers!?

Learn to adapt to other people.

The way we act under pressure is the proof of whether we are ready for God's next step in our lives.

Pressure reveals the real us! (Love that too).

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3 (One of my favorites).

With God you never fail. You just take the same test over and over until you get it "right".

Why do we work so hard to try and make others think the way we think.

Tips for your peace to increase:
Don't give your opinion unless someone asks for it.
Mind your own business.

Live in the present. Jesus said he is the "I am" not "I was or I will be".

The gift is the present moment.

No matter where your body is, your mind is where you are!

Say this with me...I live in the present and I enjoy every moment of my life!

Start doing everything you do unto the Lord. Go to work for God. If you don't enjoy it, get another one. Start saying "I LOVE MY LIFE."

Who loves a challenge? Learn how to enjoy your life. I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

Sometimes we PLAN to have a good fit...to vent. Plan not to. Everyone can enjoy the super things in life. Can you enjoy the ordinary everyday life?"

Do you keep saying, I'll be glad when...? NO, start saying I'll be glad right now!

Moreover [let us also be full of joy now!] let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance. Romans 5:3

Look at that verse again...you know the part that says "On Friday when the work week is over I will be full of joy." Guess what? It doesn't. It says let us also be full of joy NOW.

Stop living for yourself and others who will applaud you. Be disciplined and self-controlled. Don't say, "I just can't control myself..."

If we don't learn to do the right thing on purpose then when something happens under pressure we won't make the right decision.

Be adaptable, not a doormat. Let the little things go. Avoid arguments.

Learn to enjoy the feeling of letting your flesh suffer when you don't get your way. That feeling is called growing.

Do the right thing when it feels wrong. That is called "VICTORY".

Your flesh will be having a screaming fit but you will have a new level of growth.

Practice being thankful for every little thing:
walking
seeing
hearing
clean water
more than one outfit

Give out compliments
Be appreciative.
Don't say anything useless.

For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen. Romans 11:36

PUT GOD FIRST IN YOUR LIFE. IT'S ALL ABOUT JESUS.

After Joyce, we went to Chocolate World and bought expensive candy. Then we had lunch at Fuddruckers. On the way home we listened to a CD about the Strong-Willed and just enjoyed being together. I love road trips with my sister. It was an awesome ten hours. I look forward to doing it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment