Monday, August 15, 2011

the Love Revolution

Click here, listen and then answer the question.




I spent most of the day just reading. I was at my girlfriends hanging with her children and mine. They have XBOX. So my children love to play the track and field games. I didn't see her children too much because they had the Legos set up in the back room. I would go back, ask how everyone was doing, then go back to the couch. I love days like this!

Joyce references scripture in her book so I had my pocket Bible, the one I carry in my purse, with me to look each one up. There are so many parts of this book that I want to share but I think I will just share this one part.

It is from the chapter Nothing Good Happens Accidentally:

Just Keep Moving

As I close this chapter, let me say that I realize things happen in life that cause us to want to retreat from the world for a while. I realize that major life changes occur and require a period of readjustment, and I realize that loss or trauma can make people not want to interact with or reach out to others. I am sympathetic to these things, and if you have experienced a loss of some kind and it has left you numb and not feeling like doing anything, I understand how you feel, but I want to encourage you to force yourself to keep moving. Satan wants to isolate you because you may not have the strength to defeat his lies by yourself. I know that it may sound almost ridiculous to tell you to go help somebody else, but I believe with all my heart that doing so is a protection for you as well as the answer to the world's problems.

Let me say it again: I firmly believe we need a Love Revolution. We've all tried selfishness and depression, discouragement, and self-pity - and we have seen the fruit of that. The world is filled with the results of these things. Let's join together in agreement that we will live life God's way. Be mindful to be a blessing to others (Galatians 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.) Put on love (Colossians 3:14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity). That means to be active on purpose in reaching out to others. Watch and pray for opportunities; be a spy for God! Jesus got up daily and went about doing good (Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.) It seems so simple. I wonder how we have missed it all this time.

**************************

Earlier in the chapter she reference something that Pastor Paul talked about yesterday. In 1 Corinthians 3:1-3, Apostle Paul writes about people who have accepted Jesus as their Savior, but never worked with the Holy Spirit to develop spiritual maturity. I told Amanda that we have to read out Bible daily. We need to discipline ourselves to feast on God's word and not just go to church on Sunday and listen to a message...a "milk message".

Pastor Paul gave us a scolding. It is our responsibility for our own growth.

Another point Joyce makes is that we have to not allow our ordinary impulses to control us.

Now is a good time for me to get disciplined. We are getting back in to a routine since school starts in just fifteen days. I will be returning to the daycare soon. Early to bed and early to rise has begun. All of our vacations are wrapped up. I am enjoying the last days of summer, savoring every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment