Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Daniel's Turning 9 on the 9th!






"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

(I had to put last summer's photo with my parents).

I claimed this verse for Daniel during little league. I was so nervous when he would pitch that I just kept saying these words over and over. Then I heard a song on the radio. LOVED IT!

It's called Strong Enough by Matthew West.


Be Diligent - Shirley Pope Waite

The book I was reading last week had this poem/prayer that I loved. "A Woman's Secret to a Balanced Life" has the title as Be Diligent. But the internet has Standing in the Gap. Either way, it is a beautiful prayer for my favorite son who is 9 years old today. I honestly can't tell you how quickly the years have passed. My heart is sad in that regard. But I am so proud (in a good way) of who my young man is and how he is growing in Christ. He has stepped out in boldness and obedience to the Holy Spirit on two occasions that I would have discouraged him of doing. My heart smiles at the promise this little man has, the promises of God, for his life.

Happy Birthday, Daniel!

I'll stand in the gap for my son.
I'll stand till the victory's won.
This one thing I know
That You love him so,
And Your work with my child is not done.

I'll stand in the gap every day,
And there I will fervently pray;
And Lord, just one favor
Don't let me waver
If things get quite rough, which they may.

I'll never give up on that boy.
Nor will You, for You promised him joy.
For I know it was true
When he said "Yes" to You,
Though the enemy seeks to destroy.

I'll not quit as I intercede,
for You are His Savior, indeed!
Though it may take years,
I give You my fears,
As I trust every moment I plead.

And so in the gap I will stand,
Heeding Your every command,
With help from above,
I'll unconditionally love,
And soon he will reach for Your hand.


Today, I was thinking about the hopes and dreams we have for our children. As I read Mary Beth Chapman's book, I total understand that my hopes and dreams for my children may be different than yours. BOTH of my children accepted Christ as their Savior. (Daniel, February 22, 2010 and Amanda on the last day of the Joyce Meyer conference last August. I am still looking for the exact date on that). Maria Sue Chapman accepted Jesus just three months before she was killed in their driveway. She was five years old. She understood. They can rest assure that they will see her again some day.

It's an odd feeling to describe, the feeling of being confident in Christ for your children. Do I have fear that something might happen to them? Yeah, sometimes. But I know that God has a plan for them that involves me. I know that we will all meet again in Heaven and live forever with Jesus.

Daniel said he gets scared when he thinks of dying. But then he said "but I would live on streets of gold". He gets it! What a burden that has been lifted from my shoulders.

As awful as 2010 may have been, the year holds two of the most precious memories that I could ever ask for. BOTH of my children are saved.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— Ephesians 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment