Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Woman's Secret to a Balanced Life

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate." Proverbs 31:30-31

I finished Crazy Love and now I have moved on to Beth Moore's "Get Out of That Pit". But I loaned it to a friend so today I started a new book. It is by Lysa TerKeurst and Sharon Jaynes of Proverbs 31 Ministries. I love it already. I do this every summer, start a book, put one down, start another and never finish either.

But this time will be different. We are traveling to Ontario later in the week and I will have plenty of reading time.

Here is a little bit from the book"

When we come to Christ, God pours His blessings into us, filling us with His love, power, and grace. The more time we spend with Him, the more we become full of His love, which spills over to those around us.

As women, our lives must be filled, first and foremost, with Jesus Christ. Then and only then can Christ's love spill over first to our husbands, second to our children, then to our homes, our friends, our community, and the world.

As Proverbs 31:10 states, "An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels." The New International Version calls her "a wife of noble character." I personally like the Amplified version that describes her as "a capable, intelligent, and virtuous woman."

On word I can't find listed in Proverbs 31 is the word "perfect" - what a relief.

Why do I think that? Because even though she was excellent and virtuous, she was a woman who needed a Savior.


I am so glad to be back from our Alaskan Cruise. It is nice to get away but it is so much nicer to come home. You become lazy, unmotivated, undisciplined.

So I will now move to the couch to read while the children and my love make s'mores. I gained 7 pounds. Well I was 7 pounds heavier on Thursday morning. This morning I had lost 4 of those pounds. Water weight! (Therefore, none for me).

I'll be back again soon with the pictures from Alaska, until then, be blessed!

************************************************************************************

My prayer life has been simply awful since I went on vacation. I am finally up at 5:45 today and all I want to do is go back to bed. But my heart is heavy for so many who are hurting. I know that Peace is not a feeling. It is a person. Peace is only found through Jesus Christ. So I pour my heart out to Him, asking Him to fill me (us) up and pour out His blessings into us.


Good Morning Father, Good Morning Jesus, Good Morning Holy Spirit,
You are amazing Lord. Oh how You love us. We can't even imagine that kind of love Lord, because we don't know it in our own strength. We confess our selfishness. We want to have our cake and eat it too. We want to do what we want to do but we want all of the blessings You have for us. Please help us to understand that obedience is the only way to freedom. Obedience yields blessings. We know that You will love us no matter what our choices our, but we need to understand that when we choose to walk from Your path, it is OUR CHOICE, not Yours. Your grace is sufficient. Empty our hearts of the doubts. Empty our hearts of our "plans". Empty our hearts of our selves. You have it all worked out. We need to have faith and trust in You. We need to turn over our mistrust. Help us Lord to truly give it ALL to You with open hands and open hearts.
In Jesus Name, Amen.


“being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment