Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Prayer for the Apples



On Friday, the Good Apples classroom ran so smoothly. We are allowed to have ten three-year-olds by ourself, yes TEN. No cameras, no millions, so Kate Gosselin has it EASY! (By the way, I am seven years older than Kate, just googled that!)

Anyway...once that eleventh child comes in, you have to add a second teacher. We had twelve all morning. And they were so obedient. We also had a therapeutic support person to help with one of the children. So it felt like it was a twelve to three ratio instead of ten to one. LOL.

Before each meal I pray. And this was my prayer:

"Whew, God. It was such a great morning we almost didn't need you."

I have also said that if we had days like that everyday, we wouldn't need Jesus.

I shared that with a few people, and we all giggled. This morning I received a message from my dear friend who said "maybe the room was perfect and was peaceful b/c Jesus was there! His presence in our lives brings the peace :)

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

YES. She is so true. I need to remember that the peace that the classroom is experiencing is because of the presence of Jesus. Now when the classroom is crazy crazy, Jesus is still there. Don't mistake my reference. He is always present. But those times when we think "this is almost boring" are the times that we can truly feel Him close.

Just thought I'd share.

And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13:16

2 comments: