Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Came To My Rescue

Remember when teething and diaper rash were our big issues? Give me a crabby baby today, Lord.

Oh no. It's me who is the crabby one.

This is where I am tonight, with a complaining heart...a broken heart yet again for my daughter. Nothing new. I've had this fight, this conversation, this disappointment for seven years. Lord, will you take this from me?


Psalm 119:156 "Your compassion, LORD, is great; preserve my life according to your laws."


Amanda will receive her 3rd marking period report card on Friday. So we are one week in to the last marking period of seventh grade. She has had four homework assignments, one quiz and one test. She received an 8% on the quiz and an 18% on the test. She has a 24% currently in math. On Friday she left her homework in her locker. When she went back two periods later, it was not accepted. These are her words. I have since called the school, wrote a letter, left a note and emailed both the teacher and counselor. Ugh, I am so frustrated and I have been complaining about this all day it seems.

I confess. My heart is struggling with sin. As I wash the dishes I pray and ask God to take these feelings from me. Give me a word, Lord.

Mercy

I thought, YES. What is that song from Denise's email?


Falling on my knees in worship
Giving all I am to seek your face
Lord all I am is yours

My whole life
I place in your hands
God of Mercy
Humbled I bow down
In your presence at your throne

I called you answered
And you came to my rescue and I
I wanna be where you are

In my life be lifted high
In our world be lifted high
In our love be lifted high

Hillsong


This song came just when I needed it to. I am so thankful for my encouragement team!

Click here to hear (LOL).

I listen to this song, again and again!

I read 2 Corinthians 12. Again and again. I pray. Yes, it is clear. These thorns are to bring me closer to the Lord and give Him the Glory. EVERYTIME!

That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Theresa, I'm so sorry!! Sorry that it's such a struggle for Amanda and sorry that the school isn't holding up their end of the teamwork/bargain. Have you ever considered home schooling or cyber schooling? My sister's kids do cyber school and love it.

    ReplyDelete